What's new

...Amused by the conflation of "efficiency" and price

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm Dutch, so I'll probably remain egalitarian until the very end lol. Perhaps, this is due to the Dutch having Calvinist roots? That said, there is a teaching in Buddhism on what are called the three arrogance's which are the thinking of: better than, equal to, or less than. These are the three positions the ego attaches to in varying degrees and combinations, and when these positions are challenged it causes unease due to our attachments. The solution is to let all three positions go. That's why I stick with the post below and conclude it really is a matter of YMMV artistry aside:

This whole thread is over thought and the solution is so simple. Everyone can do this easy test at home. Pick your favorite razor and blade. Then shave with the razor. At the end of the shave if your face is red like a tomato and fails the cotton ball test dump the razor. If at the end of the shave your face is clear of redness and passes the cotton ball test that razor is for you despite, or in spite of, the cost.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'll make a quick prediction: It will remove hair when loaded with a blade. :wink2:

I'll go one further with a prediction of my own, and I have never used a Timeless razor!

It will be smooth. As an aside to that since @les24preludes is also in search of a razor that offers a lot of audible feedback, it will also be, comparatively, quiet.

Both of those aspects are a product of design.

b7279abf63fed2f279bab0e79901c746.jpg

It's been said that ATT DE razors are designed so that the blade vibrates at a specific frequency. Studying the design of any razor will give you a good indication of how it will shave. From that understanding you can make an educated guess to how it will perform for you. The better it's understood, the better the educated guess you can make.

Its not mojo or black magic or anything else, it's physics. Finding the razor that performs the best for any one individual is entirely on that individual, it's up to each of us to find our own. We're all different. We all shave differently and we all have different skin types and hair types too shave.

Monetary cost has no relation to any of that.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
That said, there is a teaching in Buddhism on what are called the three arrogance's which are the thinking of: better than, equal to, or less than. These are the three positions the ego attaches to in varying degrees and combinations, and when these positions are challenged it causes unease due to our attachments. The solution is to let all three positions go.

I like that...

Life.goes.on.man.jpg

I'm Dutch, so I'll probably remain egalitarian until the very end lol. Perhaps, this is due to the Dutch having Calvinist roots? That said, there is a teaching in Buddhism on what are called the three arrogance's which are the thinking of: better than, equal to, or less than. These are the three positions the ego attaches to in varying degrees and combinations, and when these positions are challenged it causes unease due to our attachments. The solution is to let all three positions go. That's why I stick with the post below and conclude it really is a matter of YMMV artistry aside:

This whole thread is over thought and the solution is so simple. Everyone can do this easy test at home. Pick your favorite razor and blade. Then shave with the razor. At the end of the shave if your face is red like a tomato and fails the cotton ball test dump the razor. If at the end of the shave your face is clear of redness and passes the cotton ball test that razor is for you despite, or in spite of, the cost.

For the Calvinist, a good/bad shave was predetermined. Don’t sweat it. ;)

For the Buddhist, you’ll reap what you sow or lather. Lather well:)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'll go one further with a prediction of my own, and I have never used a Timeless razor!

It will be smooth. As an aside to that since @les24preludes is also in search of a razor that offers a lot of audible feedback, it will also be, comparatively, quiet.

Both of those aspects are a product of design.

View attachment 957158

It's been said that ATT DE razors are designed so that the blade vibrates at a specific frequency. Studying the design of any razor will give you a good indication of how it will shave. From that understanding you can make an educated guess to how it will perform for you. The better it's understood, the better the educated guess you can make.

Its not mojo or black magic or anything else, it's physics. Finding the razor that performs the best for any one individual is entirely on that individual, it's up to each of us to find our own. We're all different. We all shave differently and we all have different skin types and hair types too shave.

Monetary cost has no relation to any of that.

Nice, Mike. And true I think - neglecting the Timeless statements as I know nothing about the Timeless from my experience, only what I've read and observed - and timely.

It's important to learn enough about razors (safety razors I mean) to enable you to understand what goes into the razors you like, into their design and engineering, and into the razors you don't like.

However, I've also found that there are some razors which seem to defy the game as I know and understand it and work when they shouldn't. The opposite is also the case. I suppose that kinda sorta proves I don't know much, but I already knew that.

Straight razors are much easier to understand. Injectors are too for that matter.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Straight razors are much easier to understand. Injectors are too for that matter.

Yep. I'm still a wee bit curious about injectors, but my straight razor curiosity has been fulfilled lol.

Even God Himself needed to stop and ponder a minute on the perfection Fatip created. :)

Top Bottom