What's new

Ammunition "Shortage"? Not quite...

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I locked down another 3 bricks of SK Standard Plus and a brick of CCI SV from CCI this morning for $3.99/box just like the good ol' days! Well, $5.19/box after the $12.00 for shipping but still... WIN!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Scored another 2 bricks of SK Standard+. .22LR seems to be popping up more often as of late. Hating the 35% to 65% upcharge but I'll take availability over the $.05 to $.07/round increase. Still beats the pants off 6.5CM and 9MM ATM <sigh>

Academy gets some US branded ammo, seems to change caliber.....and some Serbian.
The price is DOUBLE what it was before the pandemia and crowning of the King.
You can buy 2 boxes....that is it. And Wallys has NONE>

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Dug out a semiauto I hadn't fired in a while. Cleaned, oiled, admired.

I rarely shoot it, because there's nothing wrong with it! :letterk1: It's 100% reliable and shoots to point of aim.

Went to *perhaps/not that I need* acquire some more magazines for it ...

... and found "that ship has sailed." Unavailable at any price.

I remember when world currency fluctuations determined world jitters ... now apparently it's our own hobby that does.

That's not good.

AA

Dug out a semiauto I hadn't fired in a while. Cleaned, oiled, admired.

I rarely shoot it, because there's nothing wrong with it! :letterk1: It's 100% reliable and shoots to point of aim.

Went to *perhaps/not that I need* acquire some more magazines for it ...

... and found "that ship has sailed." Unavailable at any price.

I remember when world currency fluctuations determined world jitters ... now apparently it's our own hobby that does.

That's not good.

AA
What's the Caliber and make? I can get almost any mag for my guns. Granted, limited, and maybe even higher priced. Actually, just bought a pmag 60 rd mag for cheap. Paid $95 when it's normally $130.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
What's the Caliber and make? I can get almost any mag for my guns. Granted, limited, and maybe even higher priced. Actually, just bought a pmag 60 rd mag for cheap. Paid $95 when it's normally $130.

Very kind! Just gritting my teeth... 🤔 This too shall pass.

AA

I officiate HS wrestling and football. I have 2 friends who have been trying to get me to become a track starter so this year I decided to become one. I purchased a pistol that uses the 209 Primers as blanks and ordered 400 when I ordered the pistol. The pistol arrives with no shells when I contacted the company they had not charged me for the shells and that they had not had any since January. So started the mad scramble to try and find 209 primers. No luck whatsoever when I called EVERY sporting goods, gun shop, and any other place that had ammo/reloading supplies in a 100 mile radius. Had an epiphany and looked on Gunbroker.com had multiple choices but would pay over double the price and shipping. Took a stab at one seller who had a Make An Offer and explained that I was needing the shells to start track meets. We were able to work a deal but still paid more than market value. Have enough to make it through the season but checked just in case a month later and the prices have doubled since I looked a month ago. Hopefully this insanity will end sooner rather than later.
Time to buy a cap gun :)

Top Bottom