What's new

Ammunition "Shortage"? Not quite...

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Anyone else getting emails from Midway that they’re discontinuing 5k bricks of primers? Looks like they’ll be selling 1k only now. Makes me hopeful that they have some primers coming down the line and want to make them last as long as possible. $75-$90 per thousand isn’t bad for these times.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Anyone else getting emails from Midway that they’re discontinuing 5k bricks of primers? Looks like they’ll be selling 1k only now. Makes me hopeful that they have some primers coming down the line and want to make them last as long as possible. $75-$90 per thousand isn’t bad for these times.
Yup! I’m betting it has more to do with more scratch to be had taking a case and breaking it in to 5 bricks. More money for the product and the hazmat (which is generally set by the seller to cover training, documentation, etc) probably generates a bit more profit as well. If there is a 48 pound max on a set hazmat fee would your rather collect it once or 5 times. Yes there is more labor and packing materials involved but if you were, say, Grafs (I use them because I know the charge) would you rather charge 12.99 once or 5 times on the same amount of product? BTW, OOS but Grafs is still offering case quantities.

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
You don't want to,it's horrid lol. Fyi Rural King is getting odd ball shelf fulls of stuff. They had m118 7.62 but it was 3 bucks a round. Wolf 00 buckshot 9 pellet was there also, it's actually pretty good from what I hear. 13 or 14 bucks for 10 rounds.
Wow! I haven't priced 00 in a while... Last time I bought it was $88.50/case for 9 pellet Rio and $89.50/case for 12 pellet S&B.

Wow! I haven't priced 00 in a while... Last time I bought it was $88.50/case for 9 pellet Rio and $89.50/case for 12 pellet S&B.
I found some at Walmart a couple months ago, it was a better price , around 11 or 12 per 10. Slugs were about the same. If you check the manufacturer website real early around 5 am you can find stuff in stock from what I heard. I've found some good 308 ammo at ok prices that way.

Top Bottom