What's new

Ammo? Sure we have it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
After reading some of these posts, the following came to mind.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
- Buffalo Springfield
Now you can go over to the Brown Leaf and chastise those of us who stockpile pipe tobacco. :pipe:We do this because the price will only go up, supply will go down, and most pipe weed gets better over time. The guys here fall under the first two reasons.
If you live in a fairly urban area, it's not paranoia. Even smaller towns like Kenosha are seeing a major uptick in radical violence.

Being prepared isn't 'paranoia'.
Crime happens in rural areas, too- just doesn’t get publicity. My sister worked Wise and Parker county (TX) sheriff departments for years, now she is in Tampa. Per capita they are about even.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think it was Warren Zevon that had an album cover in which he's sitting in the passenger seat of a hearse with the Title "My Ride Is Waiting" He was terminally ill.
And I still miss him. I am glad Letterman gave him so much exposure- that’s where I found out about him.

Now you can go over to the Brown Leaf and chastise those of us who stockpile pipe tobacco. :pipe:We do this because the price will only go up, supply will go down, and most pipe weed gets better over time. The guys here fall under the first two reasons.

Crime happens in rural areas, too- just doesn’t get publicity. My sister worked Wise and Parker county (TX) sheriff departments for years, now she is in Tampa. Per capita they are about even.

That is true... and in some places, the meth production is in rural areas because it's easier to cook it in less populated areas... and there is nothing like dealing with tweeked out criminals.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That is true... and in some places, the meth production is in rural areas because it's easier to cook it in less populated areas... and there is nothing like dealing with tweeked out criminals.
Yep, she brought that up to me. It is easier to cook meth out in the country, where the neighbors are further away. The cookers are usually well armed, which is a concern for LE officers.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

Pipers are the ultimate preppers.

We’re ready for the tobaccocalypse!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Two houses within three miles of me the way the crow flies have burned up since springtime. Suspicious circumstances. Meth ain't funny that's for sure.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yep. I don’t have much, only 25-30 pounds, but that should hopefully do.

I probably have somewhere around the same. I might puff a bowl once a week with a beer or Margarita on a day off. I have a pretty decent variety of pipe tobaccos and they all have between 2 and 4 years of age on them, so It should last me the rest of my life without having to obtain much more.

Gives me more money to spend on G&A. :)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Yep. I don’t have much, only 25-30 pounds, but that should hopefully do.
I probably have somewhere around the same. I might puff a bowl once a week with a beer or Margarita on a day off. I have a pretty decent variety of pipe tobaccos and they all have between 2 and 4 years of age on them, so It should last me the rest of my life without having to obtain much more.

Gives me more money to spend on G&A. :)
Glad I'm in good company! I have often time thought I could probably buy a REALLY nice AR-15 if I just sold my stash of McClelland Darkstar and Edgeworth Sliced (I have a few tins that are old enough to buy themselves a drink!) but it ain't gonna happen! A good bowl and a wee dram matches a day of "group" therapy any day! Leeme know when you are AR bound, Rob! You can pick your poison! P.S. That offer is extend to all here that partake. Come one come all!
half a stash.jpg
half a stashII.jpg

P.S. Pay no attention to that Esoterica. Nasty stuff!!! :lol:

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Glad I'm in good company! I have often time thought I could probably buy a REALLY nice AR-15 if I just sold my stash of McClelland Darkstar and Edgeworth Sliced (I have a few tins that are old enough to buy themselves a drink!) but it ain't gonna happen! A good bowl and a wee dram matches a day of "group" therapy any day! Leeme know when you are AR bound, Rob! You can pick your poison!
View attachment 1157341View attachment 1157342
Yeah, you are all set for while my friend!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Glad I'm in good company! I have often time thought I could probably buy a REALLY nice AR-15 if I just sold my stash of McClelland Darkstar and Edgeworth Sliced (I have a few tins that are old enough to buy themselves a drink!) but it ain't gonna happen! A good bowl and a wee dram matches a day of "group" therapy any day! Leeme know when you are AR bound, Rob! You can pick your poison! P.S. That offer is extend to all here that partake. Come one come all!
Nice. This was in May, I have since filled the empty flat on the side up. It is mostly flake, takes up about 1/3 the room that ribbon does.
C6FE2C09-C9BC-41DE-8AA6-F6892F3382EB.png

OkieStubble

Lol'd. :) I don't know what else to say; but, damn...

OkieStubble

I can't afford more than one vice to go all in on, so I am very conservative with my baccy. If I could afford more, I would have to ask the wife, "hey hon, where do I put these strippers?" ;)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
That is some good lookin' baccy!
Thanks, man! Just stuck my head in a jar of Best Brown Flake and get a little woozy. Absolute heaven! :)

I can't afford more than one vice to go all in on, so I am very conservative with my baccy. If I could afford more, I would have to ask the wife, "hey hon, where do I put these strippers?" ;)
I hear that. Most of that stuff was acquired 5 to 8 years ago. There are outliers like that blue McClelland tin. That was their 40th Anni blend and I think their last rub before they closed up shop. When I got the call I made a screaming' trip to score a tin because... History and tradition. I think that was the last tin I've purchased since.

P.S. What the one tobacco you've always wanted to try? Yes, this is a trap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom