What's new

American Sandalwood Scent Shaving Cream

I googled Sandalwood Shaving Cream. I am always looking for good Sandalwood Creams and soaps.

I believe American is the brand name. Real sandalwood essential oil come from India but it is so expensive, nobody uses it anymore. Therefore sandalwood is a scent that varies from product to product and most are made with fragrance oils.

There is also a Hawaiian Sandalwod, which is excellent! I have been shaving with it but the Ebay vendor went out of business so I am searching for another vendor with no luck yet.

There is also a Hawaiian Sandalwod, which is excellent! I have been shaving with it but the Ebay vendor went out of business so I am searching for another vendor with no luck yet.

Stirling's Sandalwood - "No. The tree did not wear flip-flops before it was cut down. Actually, this is a Hawaiian sandalwood, so maybe it did……Scented with Hawaiian sandalwood fragrance oil, which is sweeter and more fragrant than its Indian or Australian counterparts."

Indian sandalwood (S. album) typically has the highest amount of α-santalol and β-santalol (main ingredients of sandalwood), vs Australian and Hawaiian species.

sandalwood comparison 1.jpg

Hi,
Just saw this. I literally tossed a jar of this today. That’s how unimpressed I was with it. biggest negatives:
1) Very poor longevity on the lather. It dried out very quickly on my face and I kept having to reapply it mid-pass.
2) It left my skin feeling dry. Kind of like Arko does, but Arko has redeeming qualities that American Shave lacks.
3) If I caused any irritation, nicks etc on my early passes, I would feel a sting when applying lather for later passes.

It lathered OK in the bowl and the scent was appropriate - very woody, not too weak or strong.

I used about 15X over 4-5 months - it was one of the first shaving creams I bought (had been using soaps). It quickly fell out of rotation when I bought products that I preferred. It had been languishing in a drawer and I pulled it out last week to give it one more shot. By the end of the shave I had decided that the cost of the $12 or so of product remaining wasn’t worth my time to use up. Hopefully I’ll find a use for the tub, which I cleaned out.

I actually found this thread while doing a search on B&B, was wondering if others had the same impression that I had.

Stirling's Sandalwood - "No. The tree did not wear flip-flops before it was cut down. Actually, this is a Hawaiian sandalwood, so maybe it did……Scented with Hawaiian sandalwood fragrance oil, which is sweeter and more fragrant than its Indian or Australian counterparts."

How do you like the Stirling Sandalwood? Is the sandalwood scent mild, medium or strong?

Top Bottom