What's new

American Idol Recount

Well it seems that technology has hit AMERICAN IDOL....is there a recount coming ??? Will Florida be the last to count the "IDOL CHADS"....

If you watch this show, tell what do you think.....

mark the shoeshine boy

Chris is a highly over-rated guy with a decent voice who sang the easiest songs possible while trying to look like a tough badass. There's ten thousand others just like him out there fronting small-time bands that had too much self-respect to sell out on that show.

Katherine has the best voice (honest guys, it's really just her voice that I like) of the bunch, but she doesn't know how to use it to her best advantage and likes trying massive vocal numbers instead of sticking to the melodic girl-next-door cutesy stuff that's her meal ticket along with the low-cut blouses.

Taylor's a born performer and a brilliant marketer who's worked to build a hardcore fan base from the beginning. He's obviously colourful to an extreme, but he used that initially to grab attention and stand out from the rest to build the loyalty of the "Soul Patrol", while more recently backing off from that while performing. He still has fun when not performing, but with an already consolidated fan base he's now able to do more tender songs that show that he can actually sing with the best of them and appeal to those people that appreciate an emotionally deep performance. Genius.

From what limited amount of the show I have seen, I believe the best two are still standing. Both are great talents. But I am surprised that these two are left. I don't see them as the "marketing bonanza" that I would expect the show to push for.

Randy

Xert said:
Katherine has the best voice (honest guys, it's really just her voice that I like) of the bunch, but she doesn't know how to use it to her best advantage and likes trying massive vocal numbers instead of sticking to the melodic girl-next-door cutesy stuff that's her meal ticket along with the low-cut blouses.
Hear hear!

proxy.php

:em2200:

She's who I'm stalk...err, rooting for.

-Nick

Kat gets my vote....if I could ever remember to vote!:frown: I'm just hoping for another wardrobe malfunction!:w00t:

I was glad to see Chris go when he did, and then Elliot go last week. I like Taylor but I totally agree that Kat has the best voice in the competition!

Xert said:
Chris is a highly over-rated guy with a decent voice who sang the easiest songs possible while trying to look like a tough badass. There's ten thousand others just like him out there fronting small-time bands that had too much self-respect to sell out on that show.

The thing is, Chris had the guts to do it. He's easily the most marketable of the group. I totally agree that he is over-rated in terms of signing ability, but I wouldn't say he sold out. He did what he had to do to get ahead in the music game. I'd say those other better singers are still going to be singing in night clubs while Chris sells millions of records.

Xert said:
Taylor's a born performer and a brilliant marketer who's worked to build a hardcore fan base from the beginning. He's obviously colourful to an extreme, but he used that initially to grab attention and stand out from the rest to build the loyalty of the "Soul Patrol", while more recently backing off from that while performing. He still has fun when not performing, but with an already consolidated fan base he's now able to do more tender songs that show that he can actually sing with the best of them and appeal to those people that appreciate an emotionally deep performance. Genius.

Do you really think it's genius, or just lucky? If this was all planned, then yes, I'd say genius. I just don't get that vibe from him. It appears all real.

letterk said:
The thing is, Chris had the guts to do it. He's easily the most marketable of the group. I totally agree that he is over-rated in terms of signing ability, but I wouldn't say he sold out. He did what he had to do to get ahead in the music game. I'd say those other better singers are still going to be singing in night clubs while Chris sells millions of records.

Do you really think it's genius, or just lucky? If this was all planned, then yes, I'd say genius. I just don't get that vibe from him. It appears all real.

I disagree that he's the most marketable, I think Katherine is. She's gorgeous and has the voice to go with it, a personality that money can't buy, and if she just got the right producer (Clive Davis be damned) she could go a long way. Chris never displayed much personality besides his rock and roll tough-boy act, which is theoretically supposed to be against everything American Idol stands for. Sure, he got into the music game, but it's like a Preacher playing drinking games at a bar in order to evangelize - by associating yourself with something like American Idol, you lose the integrity of your "rocker" self. Of course, the possibility exists that he wasn't ever a real man of rock and roll in the first place and just watched Bo Bice last year and decided to emulate his persona. In that case, he wouldn't have sold out, but only because he lacked the original integrity necessary to make it possible.

I think there certainly is some element of planning in what Taylor's done, but I didn't mean to suggest he was conniving to trick American into voting for him other than the obvious constant shout outs to the "Soul Patrol". I really do think he's genuine, but he's also smart and has paid attention to what Simon's kept saying about his cheesy performances and the need to prove that he's actually a legitimate vocalist. He's definitely real, but luck had nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom