What's new

American Crew

So I just went through some boxes in the basement and found a gift set of American Crew shaving cream and after shave lotion, which were given to me in my dry shaving days. The set is a couple years old now.

I tried it out anyway, and it has a refreshing icy-mint sensation. But when I squeeze a little in my shaving bowl to brush and lather up, it doesn't produce a lot. It still does the job to lubricate the skin, but is by no means foamy.

Is it the age? Does Crew just not produce foam? Any ideas or experience?

--Rich

Hi Rev,

I second Dushea's opinion in that American Crew is a brushless cream and really does not perform well when trying to use a brush, simply cannot lather...not supposed to. So you might want to try slathering it on your wet face with your hands. Also some products are not supposed to create mounds of lather (I.E. shave gels/lube).

Also a correction, unless you were using an electric shaver or shaving without the use of lather (even the canned gels contain mainly water with other compounds) then you were still technically wet shaving. May not have been traditional wet shaving but a cartridge and the use of so called "goop" (why not just call it canned?) is still "wet" shaving.

Good luck with your Crew :)

D

Top Bottom