What's new

Ambrose Strops new lineup

Got my stuff in today... really beautiful work. The tag on the strop says it takes several hours of work to finish one... I believe it! The surface feels much like a Dubl Duck shell strop I had at one time.

EDIT:
Got around to using it later: The De Caballo is really a beauty. I gave it a quick spin with a dullish razor. Before stropping it would cut hair only with some effort; definately would not be a smooth shave. After 50 passes on the back with diamond embossing, it was popping hairs pretty easily. After finishing on the front with another 50, the edge was good to go and shaving smooth! I'd say the strop works well!!

Last edited:
Mine came today too. A thing of beauty. I really like he proportions of Ambrose Strops. They just look great. Have not had a chance to test it out yet, that will be tomorrow morning.

Anyone got their hands on one yet?

Mine just showed up today. You guys probably know by now that I love the Ambrose strops and I have been through a bunch of them, but this one is an immediate favorite. It's a 3" Caballo Mas Fino. This is a little thinner than the usual strop, fast action, with very strong feedback... you can really feel the edge of the razor running on this one. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• $IMG_0225.jpg
    $IMG_0225.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 244
Mine came in today. Waiting for my Puma to come back from The Perfect Edge and then I'll give it a try!!

mmm had the TM ordered and then received Ambrose's email with his new strops. Had to get one so justified the beginner's as a travel strop but now I am eyeing the Caballo..... just another rabbit hole of an AD

mmm had the TM ordered and then received Ambrose's email with his new strops. Had to get one so justified the beginner's as a travel strop but now I am eyeing the Caballo..... just another rabbit hole of an AD

I'm with you....SAD hits fast & furious: I just got both new Ambrose strops (although I got the beginner to give away) to go with my TM latigo & Legion buffaroo. All I need now is that Bill Ellis & I've got the grand slam. (And hopefully be SAD-free for a good long while.)

My Caballo came in today! What a beauty, love the rich and warm brown color of the leather.

At first there was practically no draw, as expected from a brand new strop, but after 20 minutes of rubbing while watching TV the draw improved a lot, I guess with daily use it should be amazing in a week or two :001_smile

I just got a chance to use my latigo strop I just received from Ambrose.. It is surprising what a difference a good strop and stropping can make.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I don't know what is nicer, the razor, the strop, or the jnat you hone your razors on...;).

Top Bottom