What's new

Amazon Starter Kit - What would you get?!

My wife for Valentine's Day told me to load the Amazon shopping cart with some shaving stuff! She said to try and keep it between $75-$100.

What would you get?

Preshave?
DE Razor?
Blades?
Cream?
Brush?
Aftershave?
Balm?

$35 Edwin Jagger DE89 razor
$15 DE Blade sampler (100)
$19 Razorock Plissoft brush
$16 Timeless bowl
$10 Proraso soap or cream
$14-16 Proraso after-shave lotion or balm in matching scent

Looks like I blew the budget by $10 or so. Take a look at two of my favorite places to spend money, The Razor Company and Pasteur Shaving. You can create and share a wishlist and they offer free shipping.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
$35 Edwin Jagger DE89 razor
$15 DE Blade sampler (100)
$19 Razorock Plissoft brush
$16 Timeless bowl
$10 Proraso soap or cream
$14-16 Proraso after-shave lotion or balm in matching scent

Looks like I blew the budget by $10 or so. Take a look at two of my favorite places to spend money, The Razor Company and Pasteur Shaving. You can create and share a wishlist and they offer free shipping.
I think @Big_T has a great list. Lose the Timeless shave bowl to get back in budget. Nothing wrong with the bowl at all, but you could find something on hand if you insist on bowl lathering.

Let us know what you wind up with!

Great question!

I suggest:
Razor: Lord L6 $7
Blades: GSB (100) $15
Brush: Semogue 2000 $29
Soap (since I prefer soaps to creams): La Toja stick $6
Splash: Pinaud clubman (6 oz) $7

Total: $64 for what I consider a very comfortable set-up!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My wife for Valentine's Day told me to load the Amazon shopping cart with some shaving stuff! She said to try and keep it between $75-$100.

What would you get?

Preshave?
DE Razor?
Blades?
Cream?
Brush?
Aftershave?
Balm?

Cremo (for pre-shave) $6.99
Muhle R41 $45
Gillette Silver Blue $6.40 for 25
Taylor of Old Bond Street $16
Yaqi Red Marble handle Tuxedo synthetic brush $18.94
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic aftershave $10
Balm...not so much.

I'm over by $3.33...not too bad.

All good suggestions. I guess I would base mine on what you are lacking or what you might want?

Razor
Blades
Brush
Soap/Cream
AS

All of the above?

Sometimes Amazon will have a good price on something, but I really only look there for blades. Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon are smooth and cheap and the previously mentioned Lucky Tiger is on sale.

I'd follow Big_T's advise and go to Pasteur's or The Razor company.

The Razor Company carries a great razor that has free shipping TRC - Double Edge Safety Razor - Black Aluminum - https://www.therazorcompany.com/collections/safety-razors/products/trc-double-edge-safety-razor-black-aluminum

The Pasteur's exclusive Apricot Pie soap by Master soap creations is my vote for the best bang for your buck soap wise. Free shipping with no minimum. https://pasteurshaving.com/product/master-soap-creations-apricot-pie-shave-soap-6-oz/

Grab a cheap Yaqi or Razorock brush from somewhere.

Cremo (for pre-shave) $6.99
Muhle R41 $45
Gillette Silver Blue $6.40 for 25
Taylor of Old Bond Street $16
Yaqi Red Marble handle Tuxedo synthetic brush $18.94
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic aftershave $10
Balm...not so much.

I'm over by $3.33...not too bad.
Awesome! Thank you so much for the suggestions! Question ... are you using the Cremo shave cream as a pre-shave?

Check out the Rockwell C2. Might push the budget a bit. It’s 40 but a lot of us use the stainless version of this razor with great results and it’s adjustable. Id say it’s another good beginner option to look at

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES!

This is what I went with:

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blades: Variety pack
Preshave: Proraso Green
Brush: FS synthetic brush
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Sandalwood
Aftershave: Clubman

$3.13 over budget!

Again, thank you all for your recommendations! I have most of what you all suggested and "Saved for later" when she's tempted just to get me something else down the road!

First shave with all of this using a Personna blade from the pack was amazing! Probably should have went with Proraso Red to match my TOBS Sandalwood because that is just that smell and cream I was looking for! I've used Clubman in the past and I just love that old school barbershop smell after a nice shave so I had to get a new bottle. So now I'm hooked! Thanks, again!

Attachments

• CAE208CB-2F48-435A-B25E-08874D4E092A.jpeg
    CAE208CB-2F48-435A-B25E-08874D4E092A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES!

This is what I went with:

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blades: Variety pack
Preshave: Proraso Green
Brush: FS synthetic brush
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Sandalwood
Aftershave: Clubman

$3.13 over budget!

Again, thank you all for your recommendations! I have most of what you all suggested and "Saved for later" when she's tempted just to get me something else down the road!

First shave with all of this using a Personna blade from the pack was amazing! Probably should have went with Proraso Red to match my TOBS Sandalwood because that is just that smell and cream I was looking for! I've used Clubman in the past and I just love that old school barbershop smell after a nice shave so I had to get a new bottle. So now I'm hooked! Thanks, again!

You have done well Grasshopper.

Top Bottom