What's new

Amazon soaps

P

pokey

Has any one bought any soaps off amazon? How are they? Any certain ones you recommend?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
You can get all sorts of soaps on Amazon. Arko, Speick, AoS, Synergy, etc. I got the first two there myself.

I just bought a 12 pack of arko off amazon. its only $15.50 and if you sign up for subscribe and save it comes out to $14.72 with free shipping. of course after it arrives you can just cancel your subscribe and save. that comes out to $1.23 per stick, which means I should be covered for the next 5 years.

P

pokey

I just bought a 12 pack of arko off amazon. its only $15.50 and if you sign up for subscribe and save it comes out to $14.72 with free shipping. of course after it arrives you can just cancel your subscribe and save. that comes out to $1.23 per stick, which means I should be covered for the next 5 years.

Cool thanks for the info. That a good soap I take it?

I have an Amazon question. Amazon does not produce or warehouse, correct? So you are actually buying the soaps from a vendor through the Amazon service. Thanks in advance for educating me on this one.

Amazon does not produce or warehouse, correct? So you are actually buying the soaps from a vendor through the Amazon service. Thanks in advance for educating me on this one.

from what I saw on 60 minutes, unless it ships from 3rd party vendor, it goes through amazon distribution center (massive storage facility).

amazon gets 11% of the purchase price.

Since Target no longer carries it, Amazon has become my source for VDH Luxury. If you pay attention and buy a three pack it qualifies toward the minimum price for free shipping. I usually get VDH Luxury Unscented. I like the lather it produces and since it is clear it look good in my clear glass mug. It is also the soap I load in a mug to loan to someone I want to encourage getting into mug and brush shaving that has sensitive skin. It is hypoallergenic. It's one of the soaps in my regular rotation. It is also a perfect fit for Old Spice mugs. My son-in-law prefers the Scented one.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't find a great deal of variety in soap prices - or at least in the creams I purchase. I like to support B&B vendors.

I certainly order plenty of stuff from Amazon, just not shaving stuff.

Cool thanks for the info. That a good soap I take it?

I and many others think its a great soap, but everyone is different. I suggest getting one stick to try it out for a few dollars, before you buy a 12 pack. Just do a google search on arko to see peoples opinions on it.

I see. They do warehouse and distribute. Good to know.

Correct. But their order system on the web site is usually very clear about what's coming "from Amazon" and what coming from a third party.

Their "add-on" catagory is the hard one to understand. The add-on stuff is only available when you're ordering something that's not an add-on. Even if you want to buy $500 of stuff that's all add-on, you can't check out without at least one non add-on item in the basket. How the ads-on items differ from the third party vendor items is completely obscure to me.

But at least they're clearly marked if you know to pay attention.

Top Bottom