What's new

Amazon Recommendation ?

Tabac always gets top recommendations, but I’ve never tried it.

Cella, Arko sticks, and Haslinger schafmilch are truly top performers for cheap money. I’m in hard water and very few top tier artisan soaps can compete with the easy lathering of any of these 3. Arko has a polarizing scent and can be drying, otherwise it’s the best deal in shaving.

You can find a 4 pack of my original line on Amazon for great prices. I dont offer soap through Amazon but many retailers do... Sometimes you can snag a 4-pack for dirt cheap. So cheap in-fact, I wonder how they do it. Haha!

You can find a 4 pack of my original line on Amazon for great prices. I dont offer soap through Amazon but many retailers do... Sometimes you can snag a 4-pack for dirt cheap. So cheap in-fact, I wonder how they do it. Haha!

I have only tried that lavender cream soap that you were so kind to replace even though it was a gift to me. I loved it and it has a new home to a friend who just got into wet shaving. Really want to try your other ones.

To the OP colonel conk lavender shave cream was great and a great scent. I'm sure his other soaps are just as good if not better.

I went through a 4 pack while I was in a DE phase and loved it. Never tried it with a straight but I remember it being ridiculously slick. It may be frowned upon, but microwaving a puck and pouring into a bowl was SUPER convenient.

I went through a 4 pack while I was in a DE phase and loved it. Never tried it with a straight but I remember it being ridiculously slick. It may be frowned upon, but microwaving a puck and pouring into a bowl was SUPER convenient.
It is, in all honesty, better with straight razors due to it being so slick. That was the intent when it was formulated. The original line makes a dense and creamy lather with more slick than you can handle... Not some billowing cloud of foam. Happy Shaves!

There are not many shave soaps $10 or less. Here are some decent ones: Gentleman Jon Sandalwood @$8, Colonel Conk Bay Rum 3 for $13.95, Razor Rock XXX $12.99, Haslinger @$10.95, TOBS @$12.15 and DR Harris refill @$11.15.

Cella or Pre de Provence. Cella is more of a croap while PdP is triple-milled soap. Both provide great lather.

OP: Look for Tabac or Cella. Might be a little more than $10, but not much more if you shop around on Amazon.

I've been eyeing Mitchell's Wool Fat for about $15. Lots of people brag on that one.

If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond near you, go get a tube of Bigelow shave cream in the tube and give that a whirl. That's pretty good stuff for a rather low price.

I recently bought a Palmolive shave stick off Amazon for less than $3. Great performance, classic scent. Yes, in Europe they're less than a buck or so, but...

A kilo of Cella, It's about $37 but it will last over two years, has a fantastic lather, Just cut a piece mold into your bowl or mug and wrap the rest and put in fridge till you need more. I'm on my third kilo. Then there is inexpensive Arko stick that I press into a bowl anther fantastic lather. Both are tallow base.

Top Bottom