What's new

Amazon Prime Day Deal major disappointment with order

There wasn't much that got my attention on Prime Day but did find a good deal on Clubman Pinaud body powder. Usually it's 3 containers for $14 and on Prime Day it was 7 containers for $24 (vs the normal $30). I placed the order and got confirmation that delivery was for the next day. When it did not show up I checked the order status and Amazon stated that there was a problem in shipping and the order was cancelled and refund processed. Looking at the listed again the package of 7 is still available but at the regular $30. So.... there was no problem with shipping... they just decided not to honor their own pricing (I sent feedback to the vendor and Amazon replied that they were the shipper and accepted responsibilty) Really Amazon?!?!? Not willing to honor your own pricing??? That sucks and I'm super annoyed at them.... especially given how much I spend with them every year. FYI.. it's not the first time this has happened... the other time was eye ointment that was an amazing deal about a year ago that they also were unable or unwilling to process.

Unless the items are shipped AND sold by Amazon, I tend to approach purchases cautiously. For example, I bought a bottle of face cleaner during Prime Days, as it was a great price. It wad shipped by Amazon, but sold by a third party vendor, but I was willing to roll the dice. The bottle showed up quickly, but the contents of the pump bottle appeared to be only at around 85% of full. Sure, I can return it to Amazon, but they aren't going to take responsibility for another seller's product.

I purchased some blades a month ago, and they still have not shipped. Amazon periodically requires me to "approve" the delayed shipping, but will not allow me to cancel the order. Good thing I already have a decade worth of blades. But darn it, I thought I would have these Sharks for Shark Week. Maybe next year.

Not nearly as frustrating as having a shipment "out for delivery" but mysteriously and automatically cancelled/returned while en route.

I am done with A****n.

You want to hear some weird A#@*%n ****? Where I live, they have a contract for Sunday delivery in a rural area. It's a separate, dedicated, driver. If you don't have Prime or pay for 2 day, they will sit on your order until Friday then move the order up to the post office. Even if they move it to a distribution center sooner, it will still sit there very deliberately. They could get my orders to the post office for Saturday delivery or sooner, but they are taking advantage of the contract they have and punishing me for not having Prime. Also, where I live, Prime is 3 day. Once again, not because they can't get it here sooner. They also don't have any upgrade, I know, first world problems. I finally caved and made my first purchase this year from an iffy seller on something that other people have purchased and had good luck. Otherwise, they can get bent.
:a45:

There wasn't much that got my attention on Prime Day but did find a good deal on Clubman Pinaud body powder. Usually it's 3 containers for $14 and on Prime Day it was 7 containers for $24 (vs the normal $30). I placed the order and got confirmation that delivery was for the next day. When it did not show up I checked the order status and Amazon stated that there was a problem in shipping and the order was cancelled and refund processed. Looking at the listed again the package of 7 is still available but at the regular $30. So.... there was no problem with shipping... they just decided not to honor their own pricing (I sent feedback to the vendor and Amazon replied that they were the shipper and accepted responsibilty) Really Amazon?!?!? Not willing to honor your own pricing??? That sucks and I'm super annoyed at them.... especially given how much I spend with them every year. FYI.. it's not the first time this has happened... the other time was eye ointment that was an amazing deal about a year ago that they also were unable or unwilling to process.
Unless the items are shipped AND sold by Amazon, I tend to approach purchases cautiously. For example, I bought a bottle of face cleaner during Prime Days, as it was a great price. It wad shipped by Amazon, but sold by a third party vendor, but I was willing to roll the dice. The bottle showed up quickly, but the contents of the pump bottle appeared to be only at around 85% of full. Sure, I can return it to Amazon, but they aren't going to take responsibility for another seller's product.

If Amazon replied that they "were the shipper and accepted responsibility" then it seems there are two possible explanations:

a. the third-party vendor somehow wouldn't honor his price in which case Amazon ought to bugger him real good; or

b. Amazon had a physical shipping problem and couldn't get it out the door before the deal price expired in which case Amazon ought to make up for the discount.

When an item is coming out of Amazon's warehouse, they do have some responsibility for its condition. In Rrose's case, if the bottle was boxed and sealed, nothing they can do. If unboxed, they should visually inspect. In either case, they should have no problem accepting a return of a less-than-full item.

I've had too many cases where Amazon makes lame excuses for problems where they exert some level of control, which is one of the reasons why I avoid dealing with the like the plague. Unfortunately, stopping entirely isn't realistic.

My buddy sells on Amazon. They’re **** to deal with. Amazon has his product so they’re responsible for shipping. If a customer says it was late or wants to return it Amazon gives them a refund without returning it, so he’s out product and the money. They told him because of shipping complaints (that they’re responsible for), they’re gonna suspend his account, not give him any money they owe for sales, and keep his remaining inventory.

I purchased some blades a month ago, and they still have not shipped. Amazon periodically requires me to "approve" the delayed shipping, but will not allow me to cancel the order. Good thing I already have a decade worth of blades. But darn it, I thought I would have these Sharks for Shark Week. Maybe next year.

Not nearly as frustrating as having a shipment "out for delivery" but mysteriously and automatically cancelled/returned while en route.

I am done with A****n.
Lemme know if you want a few Sharks, I have some loose ones I can send you (easy to do in a standard envelope)

Top Bottom