What's new

Amazon exclusive Edwin Jagger Kelvin

Hi would anyone know what the difference is between the Amazon Edwin jagger Kelvin Exclusive compared to the Edwin Jagger DE89? they seem to have the same shave head, there's difference in the knurling on the handle, is it really just a budget roll out? Lower say Quality, finish weight etc.
Any Thoughts Please?

Last edited:
That’sa great price—only $26 in the US. I had to read through all the Amazon exclusive stuff and finally found this in the model number “DES89KNBLAMZ.” So it seems it is just a discounted DE89.

Hi would anyone know what the difference is between the Amazon Edwin jagger Kelvin Exclusive compared to the Edwin Jagger DE89? they seem to have the same shave head, there's difference in the knurling on the handle, is it really just a budget roll out? Lower say Quality, finish weight etc.
Any Thoughts Please?
As far as I can tell, it's a low cost EJ89 version sold by Alrossa out of NYC. Just a different handle design. Not sure if it is in stock any more, though.

That’sa great price—only $26 in the US. I had to read through all the Amazon exclusive stuff and finally found this in the model number “DES89KNBLAMZ.” So it seems it is just a discounted DE89.
Yes I just think because Amazon has the buying power and regular sales of stuff, Edwin Jagger did a deal with them and probably put a budget handle TBF selling at £15 it ain't bad, the real deal DE89 is about £23 from connaught shaving.

I have one and like it very much. The handle is shorter than that of the regular DE89. It's a 3 inch handle in stead of 3.5 inches. So the same as a Fat Handle Tech or a Merkur HD34C or 11C in my case. It has slightly deeper knurling than the DE89 Barley Chrome but I still wouldn't call it grippy although it is definitely one of the less slippery EJ razors. Overall quality looks the same as the others to me. If you enjoy the maneuverability of short handle razors I'd say give it a try for sure. Sorry for the poor photo but as you can see the Kelvin is fourth from the right.
EJ razors.jpg

I have one and like it very much. The handle is shorter than that of the regular DE89. It's a 3 inch handle in stead of 3.5 inches. So the same as a Fat Handle Tech or a Merkur HD34C or 11C in my case. It has slightly deeper knurling than the DE89 Barley Chrome but I still wouldn't call it grippy although it is definitely one of the less slippery EJ razors. Overall quality looks the same as the others to me. If you enjoy the maneuverability of short handle razors I'd say give it a try for sure. Sorry for the poor photo but as you can see the Kelvin is fourth from the right.View attachment 1326812

GREAT LINE-UP!! :a29:

I have one and like it very much. The handle is shorter than that of the regular DE89. It's a 3 inch handle in stead of 3.5 inches. So the same as a Fat Handle Tech or a Merkur HD34C or 11C in my case. It has slightly deeper knurling than the DE89 Barley Chrome but I still wouldn't call it grippy although it is definitely one of the less slippery EJ razors. Overall quality looks the same as the others to me. If you enjoy the maneuverability of short handle razors I'd say give it a try for sure. Sorry for the poor photo but as you can see the Kelvin is fourth from the right.View attachment 1326812
Nice pic what is the razor far right please?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I am a huge fan of the mild "89" head series, actually my all time favourite in modern razors. I got my Edwin Jagger Kelvin last week from Amazon UK and, after a close inspection and three test shaves already in, I can comfortably say that it is just as great as the regular EJ DE89: exactly same head design, same quality Chrome finish, same smooth shave. Definitely not inferior in any way. Sole difference is the superb shorter handle, comparable to a Merkur 34C or Gillette Heritage Inspired in length. I really, really love it.

Marco, you’re making me want to revisit my 89 head. In my case it’s a Muhle, but I could never get a good shave out of it. I never did try a Feather or Kai blade in it though. Congrats on your new purchase.
I am a huge fan of the mild "89" head series, actually my all time favourite in modern razors. I got my Edwin Jagger Kelvin last week from Amazon UK and, after a close inspection and three test shaves already in, I can comfortably say that it is just as great as the regular EJ DE89: exactly same head design, same quality Chrome finish, same smooth shave. Definitely not inferior in any way. Sole difference is the superb shorter handle, comparable to a Merkur 34C or Gillette Heritage Inspired in length. I really, really love it.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, you’re making me want to revisit my 89 head. In my case it’s a Muhle, but I could never get a good shave out of it. I never did try a Feather or Kai blade in it though. Congrats on your new purchase.

In almost 30 years of wet shaving I've tried any possible razor and any possible razor/blade combo. What works best for me is a very mild razor loaded with a very sharp blade.

Thank you, Sir. :001_smile

Top Bottom