What's new

Amazon cheap set - quick review/feedback

Amazon had this for $20 so I bought one.
Razor is WAY too aggressive. poor design.
Brush is excellent
metal shaving cup is excellent
tube of gel shaving cream excellent
4 soaps don't lather well. Seem like regular bar soap.
the five included Chinese-made generic blades were actually really good. I suspect they are Cloud brand.

I'd say it was worth the $20. I will use the pucks as regular bar soap instead of shaving soap. I did throw the razor away. It was the only thing I felt couldn't be salvaged.

Attachments

• 818jOG4FBJL._SX679_.jpg
    818jOG4FBJL._SX679_.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 16
Yeah, I concur. Ebay has been safer with more truthful sellers than Amazon for a long time. Impulse buy on my part. (shame on me) :)

Yeah, I concur. Ebay has been safer with more truthful sellers than Amazon for a long time. Impulse buy on my part. (shame on me) :)

Well I do not buy, or sell much on Ebay, only nightmare was Canon Printer I sold THREE TIMES on Bay, and all three buyers never paid. E-bay said we will give each buyer a Negative Strike.

Amazon does have return policy that is fair, but honestly don't thing buyer of $20.00 bundle did bad, as bundle should be good basic shave start kit.

Here's my take on Amazon -vs- eBay; only focusing on the aspect of being a buyer

eBay
You have to REALLY check the background/complaints of the seller. If the seller has sold many things and has a 100% positive rating. Risk=low. If the seller is less than 100 then one needs to calculate risk, read reviews in detail, etc.. From a buyer perspective, this has worked well for me.

Amazon
Amazon doesn't treat buyers equal to sellers when it comes to ratings/feedback. Amazon sides with the seller. Someone could be selling something substandard and getting negative reviews and the perspective buyer may never be capable of acquiring this information. Sellers have much more capability to remove or disassociate a negative review from their account/product. Also.... reviews of a product are often generic to that specific make/model product, and NOT reviews of that product from the actual seller. Bait/switch is common on Amazon. Incorrect listings is common. Complaints being completely expunged after a buyer gets fully reimbursed is also common. This can result in someone like me seeing something for sale on Amazon with 100% positive reviews while the reality being 10% of the customers asked Amazon for a refund; and another 20% made negative remarks that were 'expunged' by the seller.

My $.02 anyway....

Top Bottom