What's new

Amazon - 100 Astra DE Blades

Dang Amazon is fast, already got the stainless. Good for the rest of my life on de blades. Will have at least 4 hundred packs plus random and soon a 100 of gems. Plus my straights lol.

Dang Amazon is fast, already got the stainless. Good for the rest of my life on de blades. Will have at least 4 hundred packs plus random and soon a 100 of gems. Plus my straights lol.
Lol. Yep, prime delivery rocks. Got mine and used it this evening. Astras aren't my favorite, but they're good. Very happy with my shave and doubly happy with the price. [emoji16]

in addition to @mrdoug, did everyone else that purchased get the real deal? Where they the new laser etched stock or did everyone get the solid logo?

Last edited:
My stainless look lasered, ordered the coated awhile back on I think Amazon and they look lasered with some Arabic I recall on the pack.

Here's a great deal on Amazon. Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades (100 Blades) Amazon.com: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Razor Blades (100 Blades): Beauty - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TVH7C4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lVsNDbP90DWZJ

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Geez, I bought this 2 days ago for 8.77 (posted above). Now their $7.50. Wait long enough, FarmerTan, they'll be free. Lol.

Just got mine today. Need to see how they shave tomorrow (never tried the stainless).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Mine will arrive tomorrow, so I'll post pictures.

Excellent. I really liked the SS Astra blades I was given. I'm the King of Cheap, so I'll be buying some if you are impressed. No pressure, lol!

I have enough blades, in my current state of health, to last me through half of eternity!! (And I have around 50ish total. I have commitment issues, ha)

Excellent. I really liked the SS Astra blades I was given. I'm the King of Cheap, so I'll be buying some if you are impressed. No pressure, lol!

I have enough blades, in my current state of health, to last me through half of eternity!! (And I have around 50ish total. I have commitment issues, ha)
I'll let you know how I like them, especially compared to the SP, which I have now.

Just shaved with the SS. To me and my skin, not nearly as smooth as the SP. I doubt I'd use them.

Keep in mind, I seem to gravitate towards platinums. I like 7 o'clock Black and BIC. I didn't like 7 o'clock yellow. Nacets are the only caveat, and they still don't compare to the blacks.

I'd like to hear others views.

Personally, with my coarse beard, I find the Astra SS blades to be far sharper than the Astra SP. I know a lot of folks love the SP blades, but they just do not seem to be sharp enough for me. The SP blades I have tried at various times have been the older printed blades. The SS blades I purchased a few months ago were laser etched.

I do not know why anyone would ever counterfeit blades as cheap as Astra, but I have heard of that happening. I hope the SP blades ordered recently are good ones.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Personally, with my coarse beard, I find the Astra SS blades to be far sharper than the Astra SP. I know a lot of folks love the SP blades, but they just do not seem to be sharp enough for me. The SP blades I have tried at various times have been the older printed blades. The SS blades I purchased a few months ago were laser etched.

I do not know why anyone would ever counterfeit blades as cheap as Astra, but I have heard of that happening. I hope the SP blades ordered recently are good ones.
Tough to beat Astra SS for me too. The SP's seem to get better after shave number 2. Weird. And the Arko don't hurt it any!

Just shaved with the SS. To me and my skin, not nearly as smooth as the SP. I doubt I'd use them.

Keep in mind, I seem to gravitate towards platinums. I like 7 o'clock Black and BIC. I didn't like 7 o'clock yellow. Nacets are the only caveat, and they still don't compare to the blacks.

I'd like to hear others views.
How do you like 7 O'clock green (Super Stainless) made in Russia?

How do you like 7 O'clock green (Super Stainless) made in Russia?

I find the Russian greens to be similar to a number of other very good blades: Rapira Platinum Lux, Voskhod, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette branded Wilkinson Sword. I have a 100 pack of the Gillette Wilkies, so I am not inclined to pick up another bulk pack of either of these. If I were to do so, it would probably be either the Rapira PL or Russian Greens as they are well priced.

As I stated earlier, I like the Astra SS a little better than the blades noted previously as they are slightly sharper without sacrificing smoothness and the price is right if you can get a bulk pack. I also put the German WS blades in the same category as Astra SS, but they are a little more expensive.

Top Bottom