What's new

Amazing perfume (I know, but read on) at Bath and Body Works...

...I went into BBW yesterday just for fun and I found an incredible fragrance. Unfortunately, it's a perfume, not a cologne. It carries the C.O. Bigelow label, and it's called "Lemon 1999."

Anybody ever smelled this stuff before? Absolutely heavenly. Pristine fresh-cut lemon over lemon zest and some faint white musk background. I couldn't stop smelling it.

I'm sure the staying power is probably poor, but wow! what an opening. I would've bought it on the spot but I'm not sure my wife would like it.

Check it out. And if you've smelled it before, do you agree with me? If you've tried it, does it have any staying power whatsoever? I couldn't find anything about it at basenotes. I think it's brand new.

I didn't try it on, but I smelled it the other day at the store. I found it exactly as you describe it. I wonder how long it lasts?

I've yet to find a scent like that with staying power. Lemon is always a top note and dissipates immediately. Perhaps the musk will last awhile, though.

Thanks for the post. I just love citrus fragances. I once had a bottle of ck one electric. It had a strong lemon/lime note with some woody basenotes. A great scent. Unfortunately it was only sold as limited edition. I am not sure if you can find it somewhere. If you find it, try it out.

What does "it's a perfume, not a cologne" mean? I don't suppose you are talking about "parfum" vs. "eau de cologne" fragrance strengths.

If you are looking for a lemon based cologne try Trumpers GFT or AOS Lemon essential oil. Both have great staying power.

I think kingfisher is saying it's a women's fragrance, not a men's cologne.

This is correct.

I've got to get my wife into the store. If she likes it, I'm getting it for her, because I just LOVE the scent.

Also, if that happens, I'll be able to report back about the longevity, how the scent evolves, and so forth.

Ain't nothing wrong with wearing a women's perfume,e specially when it's a citrus! There's a lot of great citrus scents out there that are marketed to women, but unless it's super flowery, they're generally very unisex.

One of my favourite citruses is technically supposed to be a women's scent, Montale's "Soleil di Capri".. but it's amazing on guys. And it lasts for days. and days. and days.

So... if you like it, rock it :D

I'm thinking that Lemon No. 1999 is a unisex fragrance. I was in the B&BW looking for this awesome face wash they have that is clay-based (and of course they are discontinuing it) but I saw that and gave it a whiff. It's a bright lemon affair (that doesn't smell like Pledge) and it wouldn't smell out of place on either sex. Altogether inoffensive and probably a perfect office-environment frag. Plus, it's only $35 so it's a steal for you citrus lovers out there.

The Eau de Parfum is just the frag oil percentage, which varies greatly between different house what their definition of EdP/EdT/Cologne may be. EdPs are generally thought to be between 10-20% in that department. Don't let EdP on a bottle of juice scare you away from checking it out.

I bought Bigelow shave balm and body spray at BBW because significant other liked it. Can't remember the fragrance/name but the balm was in a green plastic bottle and the body spary in a green aerosol can. Bigelow had several other frgrances as well.

Smells pretty good, but the fragrance doesn't seem to last past lunchtime.

The Eau de Parfum is just the frag oil percentage, which varies greatly between different house what their definition of EdP/EdT/Cologne may be. EdPs are generally thought to be between 10-20% in that department. Don't let EdP on a bottle of juice scare you away from checking it out.

Which is the highest concentration. So EdP should last longer than anything else (FYI: EdP has highest concentration of fragrance, then EdT, then EdC and lowest concentration is in splashes!)

Also see wikipedia (second paragraph!).

...I went into BBW yesterday just for fun and I found an incredible fragrance. Unfortunately, it's a perfume, not a cologne. It carries the C.O. Bigelow label, and it's called "Lemon 1999."

Anybody ever smelled this stuff before? Absolutely heavenly. Pristine fresh-cut lemon over lemon zest and some faint white musk background. I couldn't stop smelling it.

I'm sure the staying power is probably poor, but wow! what an opening. I would've bought it on the spot but I'm not sure my wife would like it.

Check it out. And if you've smelled it before, do you agree with me? If you've tried it, does it have any staying power whatsoever? I couldn't find anything about it at basenotes. I think it's brand new.

Holy Cow!! I went to BBW yesterday and sprayed a bit on my wrist. I can still smell it this morning. This stuff is heavenly!!!

I don't care if it's technically "perfume." I'm man enough to wear rose based scents thanks to B&B. This is amazing!!:001_tt1:

I think my wife has this. I know she picked up a lemon fragrance at C.O Bigelow, and I smelled it, and it was just as you described. I haven't tried it, mostly because I really like Eau Sauvage for a lemon citrus fragrance, but I'll have to try this Bigelow scent to see how long it lasts.

Top Bottom