What's new

Amazing Hammerscissorflashspatulabrush!

Anybody here using MediaMonkey for organizing their music collection?

I'm finding it to be pretty robust cataloguer. I'm really digging the auto-tagging that it does, but I find that it's a little limited when it comes to some of my more obscure albums. Anybody got any good enhancement suggestions? I looked at other skins, but I'm actually kind of happy with the default.

I'm always looking for something that can help me correctly tag my impossibly large collection of (completely legal, thank you very much) digital (and typically very NOT mainstream) music. My main media player is MythTV, and while I love it, the music portion's interface is quite unwieldy with a large collection. Smart playlists make that easy, but when half of your stuff isn't tagged - or isn't tagged correctly - they're not as useful.

So, thanks for the tip and here's to hoping it works well! :a8:

I am a devouted followed of MediaMonkey.... not only for the very light memery footprint, but also the huge amount of features. It seems like I discover a new feature every week of so.

I'm assuming from your inital post that you've tried right clicking and auto tagging.... have you tried the right click get info/buy option? Sometimes that will give you better results from Amazon... Either way, the autotagging is leaps and bound above anything else out there.

I also can't mention any other skins for you.... I usually start the player (either playlist or streaming net radio) and mnimise it to the taskbar, and control with my keyboard shortcuts; therefore I never really even look at it.

But if anyone else has addons, addtional ideas, tips, tricks, etc.... I'm sure that we would all love to see them. I know I would....:biggrin:

Top Bottom