What's new

Amazing Grain,I just Love that Maple Tree

I used two coats of med CA and then sanded it smooth,then a coat of laquer sealer . The med CA was used to penetrate and fill the pours
I used the laquer because I used the quick set spray and I don't want it to influence the additional coats of CA, l always have issues when I use the accelerator spray.View attachment 985788 View attachment 985789

It's really some beautiful wood.

What issues do you find with using accelerator? I ask as i'm considering getting some after doing a 20 coat job on a Jarrah handle last week which took forever and still didn't come up great. Jarrah and CA are a difficult combination for some reason.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The problem That haunts me is when I go to apply the next coat
it goes off and creates ridges that I have to sand out.
What works for me best is thin coats and wet sanding in between with 1200 grit paper
after 5 or 6 coats . When I use the accelerator I have to use 500 grit or lower just to make it smooth
before I can apply another coat. I am probably doing something wrong so I just use the 12 or so thin coats
wet sand and buff and polish .
My finishes have been getting much better over time .

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The problem That haunts me is when I go to apply the next coat
it goes off and creates ridges that I have to sand out.
What works for me best is thin coats and wet sanding in between with 1200 grit paper
after 5 or 6 coats . When I use the accelerator I have to use 500 grit or lower just to make it smooth
before I can apply another coat. I am probably doing something wrong so I just use the 12 or so thin coats
wet sand and buff and polish .
My finishes have been getting much better over time .
They've always looked good to me sir.

Have you read "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein? Seems appropriate here.

Forgive me for being blunt, Steve, but do you ever get tired of making amazing brushes? Don't you ever step back and say "hmmm. I wonder what it would be like to produce anything less than brush handle perfection. (Chuckles to himself.) No, let's not be silly. On to the next brilliant masterpiece!"

Keep it up, maestro!

Also, yes. Squirrel house maple brush. It needs to be a thing.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Have you read "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein? Seems appropriate here.

Forgive me for being blunt, Steve, but do you ever get tired of making amazing brushes? Don't you ever step back and say "hmmm. I wonder what it would be like to produce anything less than brush handle perfection. (Chuckles to himself.) No, let's not be silly. On to the next brilliant masterpiece!"

Keep it up, maestro!

Also, yes. Squirrel house maple brush. It needs to be a thing.
20190515_172758.jpg

That, sir, is the most amazing tomato I've ever seen come from a lathe. It looks SO REAL! Truly an example from a master.

:)

Top Bottom