What's new

Amazing aftershave

This should probably be put in Aftershave, but I want to let as many UK shavers (and non UK shavers who purchase from Boots) about the following - I've already posted the meat of this over at SMF and I think it should get a mention here too. I want to shout it from the rooftops, as t'were...

For years I've been trying to find a decent A/S which covered the holy septet of sealing, toning, calming, mositurising, astringen.....ising, quick drying/absorbtion and cheap. I've got very sensitive skin and I've felt a good all-round all-in-one A/S has been missing from the shaving community. The closest I've ever come is Trumpers skin food and Skintools balm, but both lacked a certain something and the skin food is, I think, a tad pricy for what it is. So, I started looking at things like liquid astringents and toners, pure witch hazel and oils like rosehip and tea tree. Still none of it cut the mustard - liquid astringents (aside from witch hazel) were too harsh, pure witch hazel either smells of *** (we don't get Thayers or Humphreys in the UK) or costs a small fortune and the oils were just too damn oily. So I'd pretty much given up and had decided to stick with Nivea, Skintools and Gillette balm (I know a lot of people think the Gillette balm is liquid crap, but it's always worked fine for me and at £2.47 in my local Tesco, it's one of the cheapest on the market) - all three which are pretty good performers.

A little under two weeks ago, I was in Boots just getting some shower gel and walked by a unit which said "Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Products". No harm in looking, I thought. There in the middle was a bottle of green liquid called Tea Tree + Witch Hazel Cleansing & Toning Lotion. I thought what the hell, bought a bottle and have been using it every day as an aftershave ever since. And I've got to say it's the best stuff I've ever used.

Consistency - slightly thicker than water
Smell - a subtle whiff of tea tree
Cost - £2.99 for 150ml

It does all the things mentioned above and sinks in quick to leave way for your desired cologne/EDT.

Using this stuff and splashing it on like aftershave (rather than dabbing it on with cotton wool as suggested on the bottle) and nearly two weeks on my skin looks and feels better than it has done for literally years.

Once I've used up my other balms and aftershave, I seriously think that this stuff will become my one and only post-shave treatment.

Gents - find it here http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1033816&classificationid=1018009

And you (hopefully) won't regret it.

P.S - I have nothing to do with Boots, I just want to let you guys know how chuffing great it is.

I have one question though. I have heard that tea tree oil promotes estrogen production( i might have read wrong because it just doesnt make sense to me).

So why, if this is true, are you looking for tea tree products.

(Read "what's the deal with tea tree , what does it do")

I have one question though. I have heard that tea tree oil promotes estrogen production( i might have read wrong because it just doesnt make sense to me).

So why, if this is true, are you looking for tea tree products.

(Read "what's the deal with tea tree , what does it do")

...that's a new one on me, I must admit. I've never read or heard that anywhere. Even if that is true, I doubt there's enough tea tree oil in this stuff to make us grow non-food related man boobs.

But anyway, it's not an oil, it's a non oily and non sticky lotion which seems to be doing great things for my skin - no spots, no blemishes, clears up any razor burn in no time and is just a fantastic all-rounder, for a cheapo price. I can't say enough good things about this product.

I use Tea Tree Oil on a few infected Toe Nails I have (fungus) as I am allergic to the Oral Medicines used to cure this "disease" (Lamisil, Sporonox) - It helps keep the problem in check, but doesn't appear to be curing the condition...Anyways...

I did read a study that Tea Tree Oil does promote estrogen production in youngsters, but the evidence suggested that it may not in adults. I recall the evidence was inconclusive, and it has been awhile since I read the article, but there you have it.

I had to bump this. Bought some last week, and I must say; it's really good! Scent is very subtle and mild, and it's gone after a few minutes. Perfect if you want to follow up with your favorite scent. At this price it can't be beat.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/TeaTreeOil.htm

Ive been using tea tree containing products for years and i dont have man boobs yet so i think you'll be ok. Ive tried adding a few drops of pure tea tree oil and a vbit of glycerin to a bottle of plain witch hazel and it worked very well for keeping my skin free of breakouts, but it smelled really nasty so i only used it at night before bed. It would be great if I could get something like this Boots product here in the US.

I came across this in boots today whilst checking out Tabac stuff. Im looking for a witch hazel and know we cant get Thayers up here in Scotland, so im going to give this a try. Thanks for this!!

I use Tea Tree Oil on a few infected Toe Nails I have (fungus) as I am allergic to the Oral Medicines used to cure this "disease" (Lamisil, Sporonox) - It helps keep the problem in check, but doesn't appear to be curing the condition...Anyways...

Have you tried using Vicks salve on your toenails? Use it everyday for awhile and it completely heals some toe fungus. Just FYI in case you are unaware.

Sounds about like the stuff I make myself for use as an aftershave. It is mostly witchhazel, but then I add some aloe vera gel for cooling, a little bit of glycerin, and a very small amount of peppermint EO to make it so it doesn't stink. It also adds a slight cooling sensation.

Dirt cheap, easy to make. Goes in quickly, feels great on the skin. Works for me.

I will be heading to boots next chance I get! I have been looking for a suitable aftershave product for a while now. I'm not that keen on the nivea balm. I think we are a bit deprived of good cheap aftershave products like aqua velva over in the UK, unless you like old spice or brut.

This sounds like a great product. For those who can't do any shopping overseas, I have been using Em'splace aftershave splashes for some time and they work much like this one. They are alcohol free and contain some witch hazel and a lot of essential oils. The splashes have a little bit of antiseptic properties and are non-greasy and soak in very quickly. The scent is not overpowering, so you can use whatever aftershave/cologne you want in a few minutes. These really have been beneficial to my face. I'd love to try some of the Boots product if I could find out how to get it.

Bought some of this last weekend and have been using it all this week. Works excellent! Don't like the smell much, though. Mine cost £3.49.

Thanks a lot mate! I was always looking for something like Thayers that American members always talked about and it seems this will do nicely. Once agin thanks for letting everyone know:biggrin:

Top Bottom