What's new

Am I wrong to be disappointed

I just received a used Feather AS/D2 Razor. Not from anyone on this forum. I purchased it from a gentleman who posted a nice picture of the Feather sitting beside a tub of shave soap. He told me he purchased it new a year ago (no problem) I like buying used. Saved about $75 over new. Done deal. Razor is paid for and sent along with the soap. The Razor and soap arrived today. Surprise! The Razor did not come with it's nice Red Box, just wrapped in paper and placed in the shipping box. Am I wrong to be disappointed that he did not tell me the box was not included? he said the box was not pictured in the "for sale post". I feel stupid for not asking him about the box before I purchased it but it was only a year old and he had purchased it new so I just assumed it would come with the original box. I asked him if he threw it out. No reply. Oh well, live and learn. It is a beautiful Razor. I shaved with it and a new feather blade this evening. Shaves like my Tech. Just wish it had come with the beautiful red box.

Your not wrong to feel disappointed, but the seller wasn't at fault. To a lot of people, myself included, a non-vintage razor is just a tool. Once I decide to keep the tool, I throw the box away. Most service returns will tell you not to use original packaging, at least not if you want it back. So why would I keep it?

I glad to hear that at least the razor itself wasn't a disappointment.

Top Bottom