What's new

Am I the first to see this?

For those interested, I have now had a 'normal' shave using the new TOBS Platinum Collection shaving cream. Here are my initial impressions. As I had expected, the scent is mild - very mild. So much so, that this product really should not be purchased for the scent alone. It is a gorgeous scent though but barely lingers at all. It is more on the 'feminine' side with a hint of florals and also a touch of lemon. I loved the scent, but it just is too weak for my liking. The soap lathered very well indeed. I did a bowl lather with what is fast becoming my favorite brush - the Semogue 1305. Amazing brush at an amazing price and it quickly produced enough lather for two passes (or more). Lather was lovely. As for the shave itself, I could not really discern any difference from the other TOBS creams I am familiar with. In fact, I would say that the Avocado cream offers a much greater residual slickness than this Platinum product. But, there is one area where the Platinum did excel - in providing a remarkably close shave with absolutely no irritation. I would venture to suggest that in terms of close shaves, this might be a winner and the key reason to buy this product and pay the small premium. The post-shave feel was therefore super-smooth indeed even though the moisturising effect was in line with other TOBS products. But, after two shaves, my face was clean...super clean - and super smooth too! This new product seems to have more in common with the TOBS Jermyn Street sensitive skin line than with the more fragranced options. So, my overall verdict is not to expect anything from the scent or slickness of the shave. But, if it's an irritation-free close shave you are after (which ultimately is always the bottom line), this product is outstanding. Not to mention that gorgeous mirror-like container that should be given pride-of-place in any den! I suppose, my biggest disappointment was on the weak scent and lack of a slick glide on the face although I will continue to monitor this after a few more shaves. But, it scores a maximum 10/10 for closeness and being friendly to my skin so it's a keeper for sure!

Thanks for sharing, good read!

Thanks for the great review. TOBS Avocado is probably my favorite from them so far, but there is always more room on the shelves.

Thanks for the great review. TOBS Avocado is probably my favorite from them so far, but there is always more room on the shelves.
I also use Avocado (and Grapefruit) and I would argue that the Avocado still offers a better overall experience than this new Platinum product - just in terms of slickness. However, the closeness of Platinum was clearly impressive. Without a doubt reason to experiment!

Top Bottom