What's new

Am I only one that does this?

I buy organic whole leaf Virginia flu cured tobacco de stem then shred it myself. I then roll my own cigarettes with ungummed paper and enjoy a smoke after a meal or just lounging outside periodically. Maybe 1-4 cigs a day but here's the thing, I never inhale. I just enjoy the flavor and passing the time. I basically treat my homemade cigarettes as a cigar.

I can't. As a former cigarette smoker, I would inhale, and if I smoked one, I'd smoke two, three, four...

I'll stick to puffing a pipe, which is a bowl every couple of days.

I do have a question: How does one shred tobacco?...is there a specialized tool?

I have done that with D & R tobacco and others. Not lately. I smoke cigars almost always. I found the 3 Sails or Virginian tobacco was a bit better smoked as a cig. It is fine in a corncob as well though. Have smoked different pipe tobaccos in cig form.

Some work better than others. Never inhale. Smoked Marlboros and similar for 13 years and inhaled. Very hard to quit. Much later I missed smoking and just do not inhale. The filter on a standard storebought cigarette influences you to inhale, also they treat the tobacco with ammonia and it hits harder with the nicotine, like crack cocaine.

Speaking of tobacco leaves, I plan I making my own cigars from leaves as they charge too much for cigars ready made.

I can't. As a former cigarette smoker, I would inhale, and if I smoked one, I'd smoke two, three, four...

I'll stick to puffing a pipe, which is a bowl every couple of days.

I do have a question: How does one shred tobacco?...is there a specialized tool?
Leafonly.com sells whole leaves. They sell various shredders there's table top, electric etc. I have a simple one made in Poland was about $40. Hand cranked. It cuts it to 0.8mm ribbons, anything bigger than that is more suited for a pipe. You can use a manual pasta maker as well.

I have done that with D & R tobacco and others. Not lately. I smoke cigars almost always. I found the 3 Sails or Virginian tobacco was a bit better smoked as a cig. It is fine in a corncob as well though. Have smoked different pipe tobaccos in cig form.

Some work better than others. Never inhale. Smoked Marlboros and similar for 13 years and inhaled. Very hard to quit. Much later I missed smoking and just do not inhale. The filter on a standard storebought cigarette influences you to inhale, also they treat the tobacco with ammonia and it hits harder with the nicotine, like crack cocaine.

Speaking of tobacco leaves, I plan I making my own cigars from leaves as they charge too much for cigars ready made.
I never use a filter in the ones I make. I was never a smoker before so maybe I never got used to inhaling but after having cigars and some pipes I just love the flavor of tobacco and aesthetically a cigarette looks best to me.

Cigarettes were originally unfiltered and lots of people did not inhale. I think the tobacco became milder too, not sure. I think they started treating cigarette tobacco with ammonia around the 60's and with the filters added it became what we know today.

Top Bottom