What's new

Am I justifying up-and-coming ADs?

I started a month ago, with a DE razor, because I was getting three horrible shaves out of a disposable razor. I priced it out, and the DE was waaaaay cheaper over the long haul.

Now, I'm planning to order my 4th soap/cream, as well as a bunch of blades. I'm doing this because 'I still haven't found a comfortable combination.'

You all have been through this before, so please tell me: am I using a 'comfortable combination' as justification for some soon-to-be-monstrous ADs? Am I starting down a long, dark road to financial ruin, just so I can have a cramped room full of gently-scented pucks and buckets full of sharp metal?

Yep, you are doomed; but the next purchase may satisfy all your desires and it will end ha ha ha aha ha aha ha ha ha ha

into the pit,
ken

If I had tried to find a comfortable combination on my first month it would have never happened. I think that you will find that a year from now, you will have to skill to get a comfortable shave from everything in your den... even Williams.

I don't think you will be in financial ruin. It's a great hobby , and shave quality just gets better and better when you find what works for you, and you can find great deals all over the place.

I don't know of any member who got the right combo of gear on their first try ... it takes quite a lot of experimentation, trial and error to find what will work best for any given beard and budget.

But take heart ... the ADs do slow down after a year or two. Once you find that you prefer certain blades and gather a stockpile, you stop buying blades. Once you find you find your preference(s) for soap v. creams; tallow v. glycerin; straight-bar v. open-comb v. slant; badger v. boar; etc ... everything else falls by the wayside, and you narrow your focus on the stuff you really want and need, rather than ordering everything under the sun just to try soemthing new.

... it takes quite a lot of experimentation, trial and error to find what will work best for any given beard and budget.

But take heart ... the ADs do slow down after a year or two. Once you find that you prefer certain blades and gather a stockpile, you stop buying blades. Once you find you find your preference(s) for soap v. creams; tallow v. glycerin; straight-bar v. open-comb v. slant; badger v. boar; etc ... everything else falls by the wayside, and you narrow your focus on the stuff you really want and need, rather than ordering everything under the sun just to try soemthing new.

+1 !:biggrin1:

Top Bottom