What's new

Am I crazy?

Hi,

My trusty old Timex electric died so I ordered a manual Vostok Komandirskie Paratrooper watch. I kind of understand there is a bit of a cult following of these watches. Anyone here have any opinions on them?

If you didn't pay too much for it, it's great. Things relating to the former Soviet Union hold a certain fascination for me.

Hi,

It was cheaper than a new Timex analog watch.

I figured I got a couple Russian/Soviet rifles, a Russian shotgun, and a Russian dog. So owning a Russian watch seems like the next step.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I don't wear mine much any longer but I have enjoyed some years with mine. I used an older Soviet tank Komandirskie and a few years ago bought a modern one to complement the older one. Both keep very good time and are reliable. Quirky and fun! So inexpensive, too.

full

I ordered a GMT in OCT........nothing has arrived......got a refund. That was the end of me buying stuff from Russia. I was reluctant and kind of knew it would NOT work. Glycine fixed my need

I ordered a GMT in OCT........nothing has arrived......got a refund. That was the end of me buying stuff from Russia. I was reluctant and kind of knew it would NOT work. Glycine fixed my need
Hi,

That is sad. Mine arrived in decent enough time, about 4 weeks. Sad to say, I have now fallen prey to an Amphibia I now have on order. I hope to get it in the proper time.

Now you need a ushanka.
Ha, I could use one of those up in the far norf of Minnesota! But my Filson packer hat wouldn't stand for it.

That is sad. Mine arrived in decent enough time, about 4 weeks. Sad to say, I have now fallen prey to an Amphibia I now have on order. I hope to get it in the proper time.

I have gotten three of these watches now, two Amphibias, which seems like the natural progression. Each from Russia. I am guessing each could have been from a different seller. No problems with delivery at all.

I have gotten three of these watches now, two Amphibias, which seems like the natural progression. Each from Russia. I am guessing each could have been from a different seller. No problems with delivery at all.
Who do you use? I am interested in possibly getting a watch. Thanks

Who do you use? I am interested in possibly getting a watch. Thanks

Sure. I do not think it violates any B&B posting rules as these are not particular auctions and these sellers seem to sell via buy it now, not auctions. I cannot figure out when I got the manual Komandirskie. That was a while ago. The two automatic Komandirskies, which I assume are Amphibias came from ebay sellers clockfasestore and enerjystore, respectively. Both seem to have pretty good, but not absolutely flawless, feedback. I do not know if 020716 is the model number of the one I liked best or not. But it was white-faced with red star, 12 hour, not 24, metal bracelet, and I did not replace the bezel or bracelet as they both seemed after market quality.

Sure. I do not think it violates any B&B posting rules as these are not particular auctions and these sellers seem to sell via buy it now, not auctions. I cannot figure out when I got the manual Komandirskie. That was a while ago. The two automatic Komandirskies, which I assume are Amphibias came from ebay sellers clockfasestore and enerjystore, respectively. Both seem to have pretty good, but not absolutely flawless, feedback. I do not know if 020716 is the model number of the one I liked best or not. But it was white-faced with red star, 12 hour, not 24, metal bracelet, and I did not replace the bezel or bracelet as they both seemed after market quality.
Thank you!

Thank you!
My pleasure. Good luck! I have been really happy with these watches. I think they look pretty good.

And they have a little bit of a story with them. I have never had anyone recognize the watch and say anything to me--I think that would be fun and nothing negative-- and I have never seen on on someone else's wrist. So, somewhat unusual.

Besides, I do not take good care of my things and, as a result, should not be allowed to have nice things! They get lost or damaged! Actually, I have never scratched one of these. I am sure the first day I wore a Rolly I would damage it somehow!

Top Bottom