What's new

Am I chosen?

Well I finally broke down and did it. I bought a bottle of the Veg.

Was downtown Charleston being touristy since my parents are in town. I walked into the "Good Scents" shop. Inside they have lots of shaving stuff, including The Veg.

I didn't shave today, and probably won't tomorrow, but staring at me on my bathroom counter lying in wait for Monday morning is the Veg.

I will let everyone know how it goes. Until then, it lies in wait!

Put some on the back of your palm…. don't even need to shave. you'll see if you're chosen pretty quick. :lol:
Well if that is a good indicator, I have some news to report...

I am in fact one of the chosen.

It has a nice powdery lilac scent. I like it quite a bit. The last hurdles to cover is the after shave on face, and SWMBO.

I will keep everyone up to date as I have more info!

I recently picked up a small bottle just to see what all the hype was about. Figured if I didn't like it I was only out a few bucks. Upon application and initial dry down I discovered it smells (to me anyway) just like Cornhuskers Lotion or Play-Doh. It really triggers something from my childhood (I'm 41). I found it to be ok. Not great, but not repulsive. It did end up giving me a bit of a headache after an hour or so. My lovely wife said it smelled "old man" which seems to be a common reaction, so if I wear it it'll have to be when she's not around. I don't see it getting much play. I will forever be a fan of the original Clubman however. Used it tonight in fact.

Well I finally broke down and did it. I bought a bottle of the Veg.

Was downtown Charleston being touristy since my parents are in town. I walked into the "Good Scents" shop. Inside they have lots of shaving stuff, including The Veg.

I didn't shave today, and probably won't tomorrow, but staring at me on my bathroom counter lying in wait for Monday morning is the Veg.

I will let everyone know how it goes. Until then, it lies in wait!

Put it in the refrigerator and it will smell the way it was intended before Pinaud went to plastic bottles.

Me to, it was a drain pour.

+1 except I'm saving it to inflict on (I mean PIF it to) someone else.
Likewise with the Special Reserve and Classic Vanilla I bought. I'm just not a Clubman kinda guy I guess...

I tried each of the latter respectively on left and right forearms and went noseblind for about three hours and hallucinated that I was stuck in an Orlando disco in August 1978.

Well today was the day. I got up, saw the Veg staring at me on the counter. Took a shower and still staring. Shaved with my brand new puck of TOBS St. James and still staring. Finally put on my witch hazel and the moment had arrived.

I am truly one of the chosen.

The feel is not much of a burn and it does leave the face pretty soft. The scent is slightly floral with a little powder. I like it. SWMBO in her sleepy stupor wasn't repulsed when I kissed her goodbye in the bed. So this may be a good sign.

I feel I have been enlightened and am lucky to be among the ranks of the chosen!

Top Bottom