What's new

Am I being weird?

There is a fine line between being prepared and hoarding. I think you might be crossing over into the hoarding zone. Remember, there are stores out there in the world where you can buy new things if you need them.
:laugh:

You might not get exactly the same thing when it comes time to replace something, but it could even be better than what you had before.

I would also like to add that if you are buying quality razors, especially nice used razors, you are unlikely to lose much money. And sometimes you make a profit.

You sound perfectly ‘normal’ to me (at least by B&B standards)!
That last bit is important! :biggrin1:
It's good to know some people out there understand. Like, I once found an insanely expensive $30 soap I would never buy on close-out sale for $6. It was only logical to buy enough soap at the sale price to last for two years (when I already had enough soap for five years).

Last edited:
That last bit is important! :biggrin1:
It's good to know some people out there understand. Like, I once found an insanely expensive $30 soap I would never buy on close-out sale for $6. It was only logical to buy enough soap at the sale price to last for two years (when I already had enough soap for five years).

+1! That was a GREAT MOVE!! :a29: :a29:

(You will get much more enjoyment from that $6 soap than from a $6 coffee drink!)

Brother Space_Cadet,

Yeah. Respectfully you're being weird.

You may have a psychological fear or an obsession with the remote possibility you're gonna to be abandoned by some of your favorite face-scrappers, even though virtually all of 'em are readily available on the second hand (or new) markets.

The good news is you're not alone, though that realization may offer dubious comfort.

I'm sure it happens, but how often does a person break, lose or misplace a favorite razor? I'm an ordinary guy, and I've never experienced that. I've daily shaved since November 1951, my 15th birthday.

...I'm sure it happens, but how often does a person break, lose or misplace a favorite razor?...
It does happen sometimes. I broke my Fatip Piccolo Mk2 last year by stupidly smashing in on the tile floor. Just being clumsy, I guess. Fortunately, I had other razors to use. The Fatip was not expensive and I'm replacing it now with the slant version that came out recently. So, in a way, it will be an improvement.

P.S. I still have a Fatip Piccolo Mk1 (older version). It was the Mk2 (newer version) that was damaged.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Nothing to worry about. We are with you in this. A hobby is something you are supposed to spend money on.
That’s what he said ...
1610055615081.jpeg

Top Bottom