What's new

Am I a boar?

Today I received my first boar brush, the Semogue 620. I just tried it out for a night shave. Amazing brush, I used VDH soap and it loaded very well. Can I expect this from all boar brushes? The 620 seems like it rough but when face lathering, it is nice and soft.

I have a scrubby boar brush for my soaps and I love it. Doesn't quite hold the lather for my creams, however (I have an Omega silvertip for that), and I just can't make up my mind on which I like better.

From a traditional boar and soap man, stick with it. I'm currently using a very cheap but brilliantly effective Omega boar and Kent soap which give great results together the lather being as good as any cream.

Not all boars, but there are a lot of good boar brushes out there. I would think there are more good then bad boar brushes.

Last edited:
If you like it now, you'll love it when it breaks in. I love boar brushes, but they're not very impressive (IMO) when they're new. After a few weeks' use, it'll perform several times better than it does now.

I just received my Semogue 820 (red) to compliment my 1305.

I still call myself a "badger guy" but I do dig the boars!

PS - I'd love to try an Omega boar but I HAVE to stop buying brushes....:cursing:

PS - I'd love to try an Omega boar but I HAVE to stop buying brushes....:cursing:[/QUOTE]

As an owner of two Semogues, I've been having the same thought. However, I'm also thinking of selling my only badger, so that might make room for one more.

Top Bottom