What's new

Always wanted an Old Spice mug

Mistura is Portuguese for mixture, and refers to a mix of badger and boar. Semogue makes some.

That's what the 'badger and bristle' on your brush is saying. The knots are meant to take advantage of the benefits of each type of hair.

In Italian (on my Omega 11047 for example) they label it as tasso (badger) & setola (boar bristle).View attachment 1210099

Thanks so much for the explanations and excellent education. I actually have a few mistura brushes in my collection/rotation. I have an Italian Omega 11047 “Mixed Midget” boar & badger hair brush, a Spanish Vie-Long 04102 horse & boar hair brush, a Spanish Vie-Long 14832 horse (35% mane hair; 65% tail hair) & badger hair brush, and a Japanese Chikuhodo mixed badger & mongoose hair brush.

Tim

Thanks so much for the explanations and excellent education. I actually have a few mistura brushes in my collection/rotation. I have an Italian Omega 11047 “Mixed Midget” boar & badger hair brush, a Spanish Vie-Long 04102 horse & boar hair brush, a Spanish Vie-Long 14832 horse (35% mane hair; 65% tail hair) & badger hair brush, and a Japanese Chikuhodo mixed badger & mongoose hair brush.

Tim

Wow, very interesting assortment of unusual brush types. I had not thought about the horse hair difference between mane and tail. And mongoose as a brush source is entirely new to me.

When you get a line on a tanuki hair (or mix) brush, I want to know!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My favourite coffee mug!!!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Anyone know if this is microwavable? (Asking for a friend, because my lovely bride thinks I have enough coffee mugs!)

linty1

My wallet cries.
I think we have the exact same mug op! Does yours have a hole on the inside where the handle connects, on the inside of the mug? Like a little tunnel? I've always wondered what that is for...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thank you but these two will be staying with me for a while, they took me a long time to find. That's a very impressive collection you have, lovely bottles. Good luck with your search.

View attachment 1201844

Good call on holding on to your finds! Those things are darned hard to find, I've been looking for 2 years.
They are undoubtedly the most beautiful of the Old Spice production.
I think there's probably an advantage that European seekers have in finding these over US searches, which kind of helps towards making up for the "CONUS only" thing :lol1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
After several years of unsuccessful searching, I finally have in my hands a Wade Pottery Shulton Old Spice Mug made in England.
It came from a UK Auction site. Many heartfelt thanks to @EclipseRedRing
He was kind enough to place a bid for me and allow it to be shipped to his home, as the seller would not ship overseas.
Richard received it, and forward posted it to me and it arrived today, in beautiful, perfect condition.

I know @KeenDogg is going to be jealous!

20220219_200144.jpg

20220219_200205.jpg

20220219_200222.jpg

After several years of unsuccessful searching, I finally have in my hands a Wade Pottery Shulton Old Spice Mug made in England.
It came from a UK Auction site. Many heartfelt thanks to @EclipseRedRing
He was kind enough to place a bid for me and allow it to be shipped to his home, as the seller would not ship overseas.
Richard received it, and forward posted it to me and it arrived today, in beautiful, perfect condition.

I know @KeenDogg is going to be jealous!

View attachment 1412693
View attachment 1412694
View attachment 1412695

Well, that's pretty amazing!

Hi,

I have two, left over from my father who passed in 1995. Both with OS soap still in them.

Seen here with my heirloom razors. The OT was my Grandfather's, the other three were Dad's. I will use some of this OS come Christmas day. That was the day in 1948 when my Mom gave Dad that SuperSpeed, so that's the razor I will use. And his old Rubberset brush seen here as well. :)

Now, I have a few more OS mugs. I use one of these daily as it holds my mix of soaps. Half is vintage Oster tallow and the other half is modern Carden Farms glycerine. So, when I need new soap, I cut the pucks in half and put half into each mug.

But I can't say as I have ever used one for a coffee mug.....

Stan

Top Bottom