What's new

Always looking forward to my next shave.

Even the same day I just achieved a beautiful BBS using my DE, I am longing to do it again with a different razor, etc. There is a short amount of satisfaction time for a few hours after a shave, however.

All the years of my life (29) that I used a cartridge (Trac II, Sensor), I never enjoyed it or looked forward to it - EVER. Couldn't have cared less about shaving.

This is weird, and I think a little bit crazy. :w00t: :biggrin1: Well, I know it's not among this crowd.

3 years ago when I started DE shaving, I was excited to be saving on blades, but I never knew I would love it this much.

I too look forward to every shave! My time to relax and enjoy the fragrances and experience some downtime!

I feel the same way! Before I dreaded shaving so I would do it maybe once or twice a week. Now, though, I can't wait for my next shave and I shave daily. There's something about the ritual of traditional wet shaving that brings me a bit of peace.

I feel the same way! Before I dreaded shaving so I would do it maybe once or twice a week. Now, though, I can't wait for my next shave and I shave daily. There's something about the ritual of traditional wet shaving that brings me a bit of peace.

I wish I could shave daily, but I really don't think my growth is worth spending the extra time and product on - UNFORTUNATELY! :bored: Perhaps that's why I really look forward to it. On the off days, I dont enjoy the morning as much without it.

Even the same day I just achieved a beautiful BBS using my DE, I am longing to do it again with a different razor, etc. There is a short amount of satisfaction time for a few hours after a shave, however.

All the years of my life (29) that I used a cartridge (Trac II, Sensor), I never enjoyed it or looked forward to it - EVER. Couldn't have cared less about shaving.

This is weird, and I think a little bit crazy. :w00t: :biggrin1: Well, I know it's not among this crowd.

3 years ago when I started DE shaving, I was excited to be saving on blades, but I never knew I would love it this much.

Wow, Zblade, you are so amazingly lucky! You've started Zen Shaving at such a young age!
I wish you many healthy, happy years of luxury shaving to come!!

Wow, Zblade, you are so amazingly lucky! You've started Zen Shaving at such a young age!
I wish you many healthy, happy years of luxury shaving to come!!

Oh, I am sorry for the confusion sarimentol1. I guess I didn't state that clearly.

I remember the shavers in my family (and everyone else) using DE razors, but when the Trac ll came out, everyone switched. Later in years I started with a Trac ll then eventually the Sensor. That was a total of 29 years of cart shaving. At age 44, I had an epiphany (cart price shock and DISGUST) and swore I was going to never use them again.

DE shaving opened a new dimension to my masculinity that I had never experienced and enjoyed. I truly wish I had never used a cartridge, and had been enjoying DE shaves all my shaving life!

I also look forward to the next shave. I'll even shave on Saturdays.

What is really sad, in the "I'm a dork" way, is the shallow tins with lids that I ordered came in, and I was SO excited! I just HAD to grate my new puck of Tabac and my old puck of MWF, and press them into their new homes.

I was getting near a real-live woman so I shaved a second time - my first "second daily shave" since going to DE. It was easy, just like second shaves in cartridge days. Used quick-lathering soap and did a couple AGT passes, got a renewed BBS. Anyway, now I know it is indeed reasonable to treat myself to a second shave on occasion, and double the joy.

It's not CRAZY ... I have the same feelings and always looking forward to my next shave, i catch myself feeling my face thinking " hurry up hair and grow so I can shave again "
... YES I love DE shaving that much, my wife says I'm obsessed 😀

Oh, I am sorry for the confusion sarimentol1. I guess I didn't state that clearly.

I remember the shavers in my family (and everyone else) using DE razors, but when the Trac ll came out, everyone switched. Later in years I started with a Trac ll then eventually the Sensor. That was a total of 29 years of cart shaving. At age 44, I had an epiphany (cart price shock and DISGUST) and swore I was going to never use them again.

DE shaving opened a new dimension to my masculinity that I had never experienced and enjoyed. I truly wish I had never used a cartridge, and had been enjoying DE shaves all my shaving life!

Way to go!
Even in your mid-years, you now have half of your years ahead of you, to really enjoy your daily shave!
So jealous!

For many of us shaving has become a hobby, for some it is an escape and for others it has become an obsession; almost an addiction.

For me,I have managed to turn a daily chore into a relaxing pleasure that I find satisfying. I hope for my sake, it remains that way.

This forum is the best place to discuss, compare, learn about new products and ask questions. I do see how one could spend the better part of their day here and doing that day after day without looking up.

Amen. My sentiments exactly. Very well said.

I hated shaving also, for over 35 yrs it was a chore and I avoided it whenever possible. Since discovering the DE razor and brush/soap I've now grown to eagerly look forward to it every day. It's my 10-15 minutes of "me" time and I thoroughly enjoy every part of it.

I used to HATE shaving ("hate" is a strong word...that's why I used it).

Now I can't wait for my next shave. Sometimes I'll do a DE shave in morning and a straight shave in the evening! :thumbup:

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beard!

"Love the smell of Castle Forbes Lavender in the Morning"

For me is just a relaxing time:thumbup:

Today has been a little more stressful than others. A little bit ago I found myself thinking about just getting home this evening and enjoying a good shave. Then I realized how much I really enjoy shaving, it has become an actual means of stress relief!

I look forward to shaving every time I get the chance I usually wait 2-4 days between shaves depending on if I had or hadn't got against the grain, if I atg my face is sensitive for a few days

I often feel the same way. With fusion cartridges, I never looked forward to shaving, UNLESS the blade was bran new and I knew it wouldn't rip my hair out. Now with DE shaving, I look forward to shaving, the whole ritual of mixing up the lather, applying it with a brush, and the actual shave itself is all quite...pleasing. And I get a great sense of satisfaction achieving a BBS, since it takes considerably more skill with a DE than with a cartridge.

Currently, I'm working on getting BBS shaves everyday with no weepers or irritation. Last week, I had a couple PERFECT shaves (BBS, no redness or irritation as just described), but looking back on my shave journal, I had about 36 hours of growth for those shaves. Getting a close BBS shave has always been easier for me the longer I wait in between shaves, but at the same time, I enjoy the shave so much I would like to do it everyday, but still get my BBS results. Perhaps I'm a little too obsessed in that regard, but due to my heavy beard and dark facial hair, the shadow of my beard is still visible and BBS is the best way to make the shave last longer throughout the day. Unless I can somehow train myself into believing that a DFS is acceptable for "everyday go to work" shaves, and save the BBS for whenever I can stretch out another 12 hours or so since the last shave.

It is peaceful in the early morning when I get up to shave. My wife sleeps. The dogs sleep. It is dark outside. The phone never rings. I have 30 minutes for myself, the only 30 minutes of the day that are truly mine. It is almost a meditation. A great shave is a most positive way to start a day.

Be Sure to Put Your Feet in the Right Place, Then Stand Firm.
-Abraham Lincoln -

Top Bottom