What's new

Alternatives to the "Shaving Closet/Drawer/Shelf"

I live with enough people that dedicating an entire shelf or drawer, let alone multiple, to my shaving gear alone would be impractical and most likely rude. I've been considering getting a tackle box or similar container to keep things in instead. Has anyone tried doing something similar?

(I do have enough room for a small assortment of gear to be out in the open, so this is more for storage.)

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Put it on top of a drawer like I did. Experience dread when you inevitably knock stuff behind the drawer like I did. Reduce a small and acceptable amount of soap washing lint bunnies out of your ARKO! like I recently did.

doppvan.jpg

I have repurposed a wooden CD cabinet with nine compartments. It is around 18" W x 18" L x 8" D and can be hung on the wall, so it doesn't take any floor space. There's enough room on top of the cabinet to keep whichever soaps and brushes I'm currently using. It sits over my desk, so does not take up space in the bathroom.

I have two big drawers stuffed full of stuff, but one of those thin Rubbermaids that slide under your bed would work just as well and likely more accessible.

what about one of those plastic drawer setups that are at many stores various sizes put it under the sink for the extra and just use part of a shelf space for your daily/weekly stuff ?

Or you could get rid of stuff you don't use rather than store it out of sight? I mean, really, how many razors/brushes.soaps/creams/aftershaves do you actually use? I have plenty of bathroom space for my own gear but, in the end, I don't regularly use but 25-50% of it. It puts me in analysis paralysis daily!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just got 4 Really Useful Boxes, stacked two high, for the cabinet under my side of the sink. Since there is no additional shelf in the cabinet, they enabled me to organize the mess under there... Only one of the boxes has actual shaving gear. The other three allowed me to organize the other stuff as well. This is the size that worked for me. There is still room in the back of the boxes to stand up the bottles that are too tall for the boxes.

I live with enough people that dedicating an entire shelf or drawer, let alone multiple, to my shaving gear alone would be impractical and most likely rude. I've been considering getting a tackle box or similar container to keep things in instead. Has anyone tried doing something similar?

(I do have enough room for a small assortment of gear to be out in the open, so this is more for storage.)
Is under-sink storage an option? My wife and I use several of these under our bathroom sinks and they've worked out very well:

2-Tier Under Sink Cabinet Organizer

Is under-sink storage an option? My wife and I use several of these under our bathroom sinks and they've worked out very well:

2-Tier Under Sink Cabinet Organizer
I already have multiple of those, and most of the shaving stuff I have now is kept on one of the shelves (though sort of crammed in with the other skincare/hygiene stuff I have, since I only really have a single shelf "dedicated" to me), so I'm not sure it'd work too well. Though I'd imagine it'd be a game-changer for someone without them!

That's why I live alone. 🤣

In all seriousness a Dopp bag or some other dedicated bag should do the trick.

That's why I live alone. 🤣

In all seriousness a Dopp bag or some other dedicated bag should do the trick.
We own two houses in the same area. One is a country house on acreage, our home place. The second is in town, close to everything. Over the years, especially after our kids were grown, I spend less time in town and my wife spends less time here. Probably 40-50% of the time for her here and me 0% in town. So the bathroom is set up as I like it. ;)

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I have a small two-drawer filing cabinet for 5x7 cards. It lives on a shelf in my closet. It holds my razors and blades and a couple of brushes. Every couple of weeks I pull out the razor drawer and consider what I want to use for the next two weeks.

O.H.

OMG! How many do you have to share with?

Top Bottom