What's new

Alternative to Under Armour Boxer Briefs?

Hi guys,

So I'm in love with Under Armour boxer briefs. They tick all the boxes for me. I'm a very active person with a very active, physical job. Small waist, huge legs, and these have been wonderful in that regard. The issue is that they've become so expensive that I've put off getting any more.

What are my options? Preferably something I can pick up for a half decent bit of coin. Something made for athletics that ACTUALLY fits an athletic body. Something that isn't going to chafe me come warmer weather, neither leave the boys freezing in the cold. Something where the waist band lasts more than a couple wearings without buckling over and breaking down.

I'm completely put off Hanes, FOTL, etc. They're not even in the picture as choices.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I’m in the same situation (except for the small waist part). I got some Adidas boxer briefs at Costco that I like a lot and are fairly close to UA as far as performance for working out and hot weather. Costco also sometimes has the Calvin Kline modal boxer briefs that get rave reviews. I keep meaning to pick up a pack of those if I see them again.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I’m testing a pair from Wool & Prince. They’re crazy expensive though.

I have some Under Armour brand and I don’t like the sweaty feeling. Trapping all that moisture where you sit makes for an uncomfortable, itchy day.

I’m also very happy with Saxx black sheep boxer briefs. They do a great job of wicking moisture away and they keep the important parts where they belong.

LOL nice timing. Just picked these up.

20190126_095433.jpg

I like their ballroom pants. More than I wanna spend but I guess the perfect boxer briefs are just worth it, aren't they? A buddy just recommended Pair of Thieves, too.

I've never tried the boxers mention by the OP nor any of the items posted or mentioned here in this thread.

However, I am a boxer wearer. For the past 15 years I've used Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren Polo boxers and they work fantastically. The Brooks Brothers are the best of the two. To boot the Brooks Brothers can be had for less than the Ralph Lauren's when they are on sale at their semi-annual sale. I usually replace all my boxers every five years.

As a caution: I am an office worker so I don't perform any manual labor and I prefer to stand all day at standing desk. These factors make for consideration in one's choice. For other's there may be better choices depending on their circumstances.

For what it's worth I hope it helps.

Chris

Switched to boxer briefs in the summer as the briefs selection seems to be extremely limited for non-cotton.
Bought a couple pair of Adidas, you already know what they're like, i'd say designed by someone unfamiliar with male anatomy, now a have a few pairs of Saxx's which are far, far more comfortable and up here (Canada) at least, expensive.
dave

ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs are very good but fairly expensive. However sometimes Costco has them in stock in 3 packs for only about $5 more than the price of a single pair most other places.

I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but I have been very happy with Uniqlo, Me Undies, ExOfficio, and Ralph Lauren's modal boxer briefs. Uniqlo is the cheapest of the lot. Ralph Lauren's were the most comfortable, but they were pricy and didn't last as long as the others I mentioned.

ExOfficio is the only synthetic boxer/boxer brief I can wear. Ice Breaker makes a pretty good wool boxer brief that feels like a cotton, so no scritchiness. otherwise, it's cotton/wool, or commando for me.

that's for hot weather, I'm happy with synth base layers when it's cold.

2nd edit: 2undr is an Aussie company that makes a modal/elastic boxer brief that has the best pouch I've ever worn, but the short boxer briefs creep a bit for my taste. the longer ones aren't supposed to.

Last edited:
I switched to Saxx a couple of years ago and will never buy anything else. They have several different styles and materials. They fit and feel fantastic. Their kinetic line I wear when I play basketball or am doing anything active. I highly recommend them.

FWIW I just bought a pack of Amazon Essentials Boxer Briefs and I couldn't be happier - really comfortable, not thin or flimsy and $20-$25 for a 5-pack. I've already bought more.

Top Bottom