What's new

Alternative to green Irish tweed

Davidoff Cool Water...very similar to my nose but not quite the same.

The person who developed GIT also developed Cool Water.

I'm not familiar with GIT or Cool Water personally. If, as Dan82 says, Aspen is similar then it is available on Amazon for 10-12 dollars.
Rich

I love the creed scent but it's out of my price range. What scents are similar but less expensive?

Good taste, Mr Dawg!
Why not just grab samples of GIT where you can find them affordably?
Davidoff is similar but not nearly as sharp.
Sterling SDM is also nice, but fairly sedate, IMO.
Otherwise, I'd suggest looking for English Fern or Trumpers Wild Fern, at a good price.

GIT is great stuff. But it is quite pricey. You can pick up bottles for a bit cheaper online through reputable vendors or, as mentioned by Sarimento, pick up some sample sized decants. I finished off my bottle of GIT last year and eventually ordered a 10ml decant. It lasts pretty good. I'm a one spray (two max, but rare) guy so it does last for me.

I don't have any experience with GIT but I do have an old bottle of Cool Water that an old girlfriend got me twenty-some years ago that still has a little juice left in it. To me, the Fern fragrances ( English Fern and Wild Fern) are no where near compatible with CW. They are two different beasts IMHO. And IMHO the Ferns are far superior (and I used a Fern years before ever using that CW for that girlfriend).

If, at the time, I could have gotten my hands on more of the Fern I would have never used the CW.

Chris

Cool water may be "like" GIT but they are very different. Longevity most noteably, dry down and finding other notes in it.

You are better off finding a decant of GIT as you'll not need to use as much. One spray will last you 6-8hrs. The same simply cannot be said for cool water

I hear cool water is similar. Not tried cool warter myself so not 100 percent sure.
I first got Cool Water but could not stand the scent, it is way too chemical for me. The first time I tried GIT, I thought it was almost identical to Cool Water only not as strong smelling and more rounded, but upon further wearings it is quite different, to me it only resembles Cool Water at the very last stage of the dry down.

GIT is great stuff. But it is quite pricey. You can pick up bottles for a bit cheaper online through reputable vendors or, as mentioned by Sarimento, pick up some sample sized decants. I finished off my bottle of GIT last year and eventually ordered a 10ml decant. It lasts pretty good. I'm a one spray (two max, but rare) guy so it does last for me.
Frarancenet sell GIT with 25% off on top of about 40% off for about 160 bucks. Not cheap still but a very good deal.

Good taste, Mr Dawg!
Why not just grab samples of GIT where you can find them affordably?
Davidoff is similar but not nearly as sharp.
Sterling SDM is also nice, but fairly sedate, IMO.
Otherwise, I'd suggest looking for English Fern or Trumpers Wild Fern, at a good price.

The idea of going with smaller sized decants is a really good one. I have been wishing that I would have done that with a number of fragrances, not so much because of expense, but because I find I can get tired of a fragrance long before I go through a whole bottle. Then the bottle sits there and I feel guilty about wanting something else!

My teenage daughter says it smells like old man and carpet shampoo.

Ahhh, to please the teenager!
$image.jpg

The idea of going with smaller sized decants is a really good one. I have been wishing that I would have done that with a number of fragrances, not so much because of expense, but because I find I can get tired of a fragrance long before I go through a whole bottle. Then the bottle sits there and I feel guilty about wanting something else!

Sure agree with this one. I did catch the vibe of using smaller decants before I got in too deep and that helps. For me, I'd say the largest amount of any fragrance to keep on hand is ideally 30ml or so.

Top Bottom