What's new

Alternate Fatip handles? Or where to find 4.5mmx8 threaded materials to have one spun?

I have a Grande handle for a Fatip razor I'm not really fond of and the Nickel has some corrosion so, it's time for a change. This has me wondering what options I might have since it isn't the most common 10-32/M5x0.8 Gilette or modern specification. I doubt this is something I could strip at home and then replate but, I wonder about stripping it, bead blasting, and then re-chroming.

The best option is probably just buying a stainless replacement handle but, everything I have looked at is M5x0.8 and won't work.

What are my better options? It is just a ~$20 razor, so nothing too crazy makes sense but, I do like how it shaves, and hear the newer head has some blade alignment issues so, maybe the secondhand market for an unloved Picolo or similar model is an option?

TIA,
Sid

Reactions: Kix

:pipe:

Reactions: Kix

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
If it's not a slant you can put another topcap with normal threads on it.
That's what I did, not for that reason but because my original was warped and defective.
Used a Merkur, works great!

full

:pipe:

A lot of there to read! Most of it though seems to talk about fitting the non-standard threads of Fatip to 10-32 and M5x0.08 handle which seem to strip the threads over time.

The top cap conversions are a good thought but, they also change the way the Fatip razor works.

The top cap conversion makes me wonder about drilling the existing stud out and using a flush-fit screw to create a "four-piece" head with maybe a Torx or Allen key screw.

Top Bottom