What's new

Already have Asylum Rx. Do I "Need" ATT SE2? And if So, Why?

You're getting ATT SE2?

Getting?

Are you staying the course? One shave is a little light on dialing in the Rx..... But, I won't stop you on the road to RAD. It's a joyous feeling! Hopefully you will give the Rx a good run. Enjoy the ATT SE2.....:thumbsup:

I will give both razors a good run!

I used the Feather Professional in the Rx today, and it was much closer than the Kai Mild.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Getting?

I will give both razors a good run!

I used the Feather Professional in the Rx today, and it was much closer than the Kai Mild.

Go for the Feather Pro Super in the ATTSE2. Probably the CLOSEST shave I've ever gotten...outside of a Straight (traditional or Feather Pro Super in any of their replaceable blade barber razors).
I'm not getting rid of either of my DEs, but I really like my SE2.

Go for the Feather Pro Super in the ATTSE2. Probably the CLOSEST shave I've ever gotten...outside of a Straight (traditional or Feather Pro Super in any of their replaceable blade barber razors).
I'm not getting rid of either of my DEs, but I really like my SE2.

I have two Feather Pro Supers for that very purpose.

I have heard conflicting reports as to whether the FPS fits properly in the Rx, and from them I gather that Phil may have eventually tweaked the design of the Rx so as to accommodate the FPS. Would you happen to know?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
That I do not know, Tim. The only SE I've used is the ATT SE2. There are others here who have reported on it, but I haven't managed to retain the info.

I used a Feather Pro in my SE2 for the first time today. I was on the road with my H2 last week, and was anxious to get back to my testing.

With the strong memory of the H2 in mind, I was immediately struck how easy the SE2 is to use. The wide cutting surface of the blade, coupled with the rigid blade feel that just seems built for my face, especially ATG, made today's shave special. I always only do two passes, XTG and ATG, but I do ALOT of buffing because I don't stop until I can't hear or feel any more hairs. With the SE2, minimal buffing is required. Today's shave is as close as I can get.

So how does the SE2 differ from the RX? So far, I haven't noticed a difference in the quality of the shaves. The RX with a Feather Pro feels marginally more aggressive that the Pro-loaded SE2, but I've only got one data point with the SE2. I'll keep at my testing. I suspect at the end of the day I'll use the Super Pro in the SE2 and the Pro in the RX, but we'll see.

Finally got to use a Super Pro in my SE2 today. (I moved my Pro blade to the RX--these AC blades just last too long!) As I suspected, the Pro Super is the secret sauce for the SE2. I'm not sure the shave is any closer than with a Pro, but it feels like it may last longer. We'll see, as I continue to burn through the dozen or so shaves I can expect with this blade. The larger form factor of the Super Pro certainly makes the blade a more prominent element of the shave--not quite as blade-forward as my favorite aggressive DEs, but more so than any non-Super Pro blades in any of my AC-type SE razors. While blade-forward, the shave was not particularly intimidating. As suspected, I'll likely use Super Pros in the SE2, and Pros in the RX. The shaves are equally magnificent, but different.

Another fine addition to your stable of razors Scott ( @pbrmhl )[emoji106]! And thanks for an enjoyable review!

Thanks, David! I'm hoping my stable is full. I really, really think I'm done with new razors. Except perhaps a Schick E1. Remember, you gifted me my first injector, a G type I still enjoy. Thanks, friend!

You are very welcome my friend! For the time being, my stable is full too! After this long period with SEs, I need to rotate in sone DEs...[emoji15][emoji33]

Finally got to use a Super Pro in my SE2 today. (I moved my Pro blade to the RX--these AC blades just last too long!) As I suspected, the Pro Super is the secret sauce for the SE2. I'm not sure the shave is any closer than with a Pro, but it feels like it may last longer. We'll see, as I continue to burn through the dozen or so shaves I can expect with this blade. The larger form factor of the Super Pro certainly makes the blade a more prominent element of the shave--not quite as blade-forward as my favorite aggressive DEs, but more so than any non-Super Pro blades in any of my AC-type SE razors. While blade-forward, the shave was not particularly intimidating. As suspected, I'll likely use Super Pros in the SE2, and Pros in the RX. The shaves are equally magnificent, but different.
This is precisely my experience with the AC blades. The Feather Pro is all I need to get great shaves in the Rx; the Super Pro doesn't improve the experience. The SE2 requires a Super Pro to get the same fantastic shave results. Both razors are smooth shavers with a beautiful form factor. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I used my RX with a Feather Pro this morning after a couple of weeks with the SE2 and H2. I gathered more weepers than ever before with any razor (five), although only three were left after a cold water rinse and alcohol splash. I've relearned that the RX needs more respect than most razors. I became complacent, and paid the price. Tomorrow I'm getting back on the horse, and suspect I'll have a great shave. We'll see.

I've found both the RX and SE2 to be tremendous razors, my two favorite SEs (with a Schick early E2 not far behind). The SE2 with a Pro Super is very easy to use, a bit blade-forward, and a very close shave. The RX with a Pro is also very close, with very little blade feel, and thus a bit more challenging to use safely. Love them both, and, given how different they shave, I'm glad I have both.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I've found both the RX and SE2 to be tremendous razors, my two favorite SEs (with a Schick early E2 not far behind). The SE2 with a Pro Super is very easy to use, a bit blade-forward, and a very close shave. The RX with a Pro is also very close, with very little blade feel, and thus a bit more challenging to use safely. Love them both, and, given how different they shave, I'm glad I have both.
Thanks so much @pbrmhl ! Do you find that one removes hair faster?

Top Bottom