Already hatch season

Discussion in 'The Mess Hall' started by natenaaron, Aug 20, 2018.

1. DoctorShavegood

DoctorShavegood Ambassador

Stick them in the fridge. They'll keep until then.

2. I'll be picking up my annual two bushels of mixed med and hot chiles this coming weekend. Forty bucks, roasted and packed in large HD plastic bag. The roasting aroma along Federal Blvd here in Denver is totally mouth wateringly good!

3. DoctorShavegood

DoctorShavegood Ambassador

All of the sudden the hatch chili has disappeared from my local grocery. They used to stay around for weeks. I'll need to delete this thread because the word is too far out.

4. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

When I was in NM I had enchiladas with Hatch chili sauce. Anyone have a good recipe?

5. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

Can’t believe you’re all holding out on me. :)

6. oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw Contributor

7. the first one says a whole head too. I never did that much

8. Picked up two bushels... Hatch Med and Hot. Great flavor this year. Already ate this past week, 1.5 quart ziplocks... that good!

This year's Pueblo Mirasols are also very tasty and very popular here in Denver and Colorado. These I've found are perfect for large Chile rellenos.

Fantastic Chile crops this year. Hot days, cool nights, especially for the Pueblos. I think next year, if the Pueblos are in great condition, I will buy all Colorado. We'll see.

Enjoy!

9. I had some Rellenos a couple of days ago with "medium" hatch chiles. Holy lord, if those were medium I am not touching my hot ones. You know it is hot when you eat it and fear the morning after.