What's new

Already a well-traveled package

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had a package from The Holy Black in NYC, which is an hour from me (I'm in NJ), wind up in Puerto Rico. I contacted Stephan and he just sent me a new one. Not sure if he ever got the original back. Good luck with you're delivery.

But wait - there's more, now that the weekend is over:

June 11, 2018, 11:30 am
Processed Through Facility
CANADA
Your item was processed through a facility in CANADA on June 11, 2018 at 11:30 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
June 11, 2018, 1:30 am
Customs Clearance
CANADA​

Your item was processed through a facility in CANADA on June 11, 2018 at 11:30 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.​

Currently in transit to the destination, wahoo! I just hope in transit does not take it through Miami again.

----- Canada Post tracking ----
Date 2018/06/14
Time 16:27
Location DIEPPE
Description Item processed

Date 2018/06/14
Time 13:36
Location DIEPPE
Description Item arrived
------------
Hey, Dieppe is only 20 minutes from here.
"Arrived"? It may actually be in my mailbox now, in Sackville

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
With all of the transactions that happen on BST, this could be a fun 'contest' or running post.

I've noticed a few Amazon packages do a back and forth in the US prior to heading out. What's up with that?
I've never had it happen with a commercially shipped package it has occured with something I shipped to myself. One of the first big conferences I attended I collected a couple boxes of binders, swag, etc. and didn't have the room or inclination to haul it home so UPS'd it to myself. It was my own fault as being clueless as to what was required for customs documentation so the boxes bounced back and forth a few times as everything was sorted out.

I must be a sucker for punishment, as I keep going back to check its status.
Might want to check out parcelapp.net. It will send you an email whenever your item has a status update.

w00t! :thumbup:
It's here.
I had to pay $47 for bail for Customs to get it out.
Obligatory un-boxing pix ...

See how well-tanned it is, from the L.A. and Miami trips.
100_6730.JPG

Shiny!
100_6731.JPG

Ta-dah!
A helm for SCA Rapier Combat, loosely based on a Scottish Burgonet. Stainless steel, and it masses 3.95 kg out of the box. It will replace a conventional FIE fencing mask.
100_6734.JPG

Ah, the very image of a fearsome 15-16th Century Scottish Border Reiver.
100_6736.JPG

No, not those gorram Reavers...
proxy.php

Now I have to fabricate some kind of strapping, suspension and/or padding so it fits comfortably and safely. I just stuffed a couple of of towels in the top for the selfie.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Cool. That looks like it was worth the wait. Good to see it did not get beat up doing battle with the postal system.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great read, and happy ending!

Actually, a helmet might come in handy in Miami ...

Had a package just sit in Detroit for weeks ... I gave up on it.

Six weeks after that, it arrived. Fell off a cart? Not found worth stealing? Who knows.

AA

Top Bottom