What's new

Alpha/Executive Shaving Outlaw or Tatara Nodachi?

Any thoughts on this? I’d be the regular Outlaw (not the mild version) and probably the Tatara custom (Masamune base plate, Nordachi head and Masamune handle). I’m torn between these two and would appreciate how you guys compare these razors.

Also, any of you have a dark Tatara? That’s what I would go for, but I’ve read some people claiming the coating is not very good and wears off easily. Is that the case for you?

Thanks.

I'm also interested in the responses.

I've actually got both the outlaw and nodachi on the way but I won't get them for quite some time as I'm on travels.

I have the full Tatara Nodachi head and also the Masamune baseplate, no experience with the Outlaw. The hybrid Tatara is an awesome mix between efficiency and smoothness, great daily driver for me. Looking at the other razor you are considering, the full Nodachi might be more up your alley. While it's very smooth for the blade gap/exposure, this is a very (!) efficient razor. Too much for me to shave with on a daily basis but with a 2-3 day growth, nothing beats it!

Any thoughts on this? I’d be the regular Outlaw (not the mild version) and probably the Tatara custom (Masamune base plate, Nordachi head and Masamune handle). I’m torn between these two and would appreciate how you guys compare these razors.

Also, any of you have a dark Tatara? That’s what I would go for, but I’ve read some people claiming the coating is not very good and wears off easily. Is that the case for you?

Thanks.

I have latest dark Tatara Nodachi. Have not noticed any wearing of the coating except on threads of the cap. Which seems to be always the case with my black razors anyway. Have used it exclusively about 5 months I think.

If you are worried about the coating, maybe go for regular version.

Cannot comment on Outlaw, but I love my Tatara.

I have the Outlaw and the Nodachi and enjoy them both. There is more blade feel with the Nodachi, in fact I’m waiting for the Masamune baseplate as I’ve been told it pairs well with the Nodachi cap, but it makes it quite expensive, I got the Masamune handle as I prefer that style. The fit, finish and polish of the Outlaw are excellent and it shaves really well, for the price I think the Outlaw wins, but they are both great razors.

I have the Outlaw and the Nodachi and enjoy them both. There is more blade feel with the Nodachi, in fact I’m waiting for the Masamune baseplate as I’ve been told it pairs well with the Nodachi cap, but it makes it quite expensive, I got the Masamune handle as I prefer that style. The fit, finish and polish of the Outlaw are excellent and it shaves really well, for the price I think the Outlaw wins, but they are both great razors.

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experience with the outlaw nor the nodachi but the masamune is well nigh perfect for my face and has iconic looks that are certainly more distinctive and better looking to me than the outlaw. The tatara system is one of the best boutique cnc machined stainless steel razors ever designed and made in my opinion.

I'm also interested in the responses.

I've actually got both the outlaw and nodachi on the way but I won't get them for quite some time as I'm on travels.

Did you get the Outlaws already? If so how are you finding those? I have Nodachi and I like it a lot.

Did you get the Outlaws already? If so how are you finding those? I have Nodachi and I like it a lot.

I got the nodachi and it's wonderful!

The outlaw has also been delivered but I'm at my in-laws so I won't be able to use it for a while yet.

I used my Outlaw this morning, two-pass BBS with a Polsilver blade. It is a beauty of a razor, impeccable finish.

Reactions: nav
I have both and they each give excellent bbs shaves. The Nodachi has more blade feel but isn’t really aggressive but the Outlaw is probably a bit easier to use. The end result is comparable so if you like more blade feel then I’d say go for the Nodachi or if you want just as close a shave but with less blade feel then the Outlaw. Are you in the UK? If so I might consider selling one or both of them...

Reactions: nav
I cannot compare it to the ATT H1, but I would say it is a mid-aggressive razor, maybe slightly more aggressive than the Edwin Jagger DE89. I have the Rockwell 6C, and would say the Outlaw is a plate 5-6. It is a smooth razor.

how aggressive is the Outlaw compared to say ATT H1 plate?

H1 is slightly more efficient than Outlaw and also more loud. You should pay more attention when shaving with H1. You also have more blade feel with H1. You can't go wrong with any of them. The Outlaw is significant less expensive than H1.

H1 is slightly more efficient than Outlaw and also more loud. You should pay more attention when shaving with H1. You also have more blade feel with H1. You can't go wrong with any of them. The Outlaw is significant less expensive than H1.

thanks, Atlas H1 is my daily, just curious.

Top Bottom