What's new

Alpa Windsor aftershave

A nice refreshing aftershave from Alpa,of the Czech Republic.Very high proof,dissipates very rapidly. Goes on with a nice fleeting tingle,then a scent of light citrus and on to a clubman barbers powder finish,then POOF ! it's gone !...It is soothing,and the heavy glass bottle has a real man-sized cap on it.A best buy in Europe,but worth the extra $$ to buy online,as is the really great Alpa Windsor shaving cream,reviewed in the cream forum..a nice duo of treats from CZ !!

Attachments

• $aaajhy 439.jpg
    $aaajhy 439.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 460
Kak! just replied to this in the other post. I'm half way down my bottle of this hidden gem. Leave the face feeling quite soft I find. I've found that the Alpa 378 is a good one too. Well worth the pennies here in blighty.

I am from Czech republic and I have to ask. How much have you paid for the Alpa Windsor AS? :)
It´s so cheap here that I would have never guesed that someone from outside CR would be willing to import it :D

I have enjoyed both the 378 and Lavender (even though it is marketed as a cologne) as very nice scents to finish up a shave. When I use up a few bottles of aftershave I may have to expand my horizons a bit more.

I am from Czech republic and I have to ask. How much have you paid for the Alpa Windsor AS? :)
It´s so cheap here that I would have never guesed that someone from outside CR would be willing to import it :D

Hi Atos, welcome to B&B!

When you get a chance, please head over to our Hall of Fame and tell us all a bit more about yourself. There are links in my signature to areas of B&B of special interest to beginning shavers--perhaps you might like to have a look at them. If you ever have questions or run into problems, don't hesitate to post them up. We're a welcoming and friendly group here, and there's always someone around to offer advice or lend a hand.

Enjoy your time here, happy shaving, and once again, WELCOME

I've paid under £4 for the 378 and around £5.75 for the Windsor AS. I also use the Alpa Classique clogne and Fougre Clogne. Again great scents and very refreshing.

Well It is really nice to hear that a Czech product get some love also abroad :)

It is not just the Windsor that is worthwile; I took home the Chypre, Classique and Farao last year and the only thing I regret is that I didn't take home the other varieties as well. So they are on my list for the next visit to your great country!

Well It is really nice to hear that a Czech product get some love also abroad :)

Its the scent and AS my father used to wear. He picked it up while out in Europe while in the Army back in the early 50's to 60's. I just find its a grat scent and SWMBO also really likes it.

So I tried Alpa Windsor AS today and wow. It doesn´t smell any near luxury, but for that money it really does a good job of an AS. IMO it works better than Old Spice, unfortunately I like the scent of OS much better but it is 8 times the price of Apla here.

So I tried Alpa Windsor AS today and wow. It doesn´t smell any near luxury, but for that money it really does a good job of an AS. IMO it works better than Old Spice, unfortunately I like the scent of OS much better but it is 8 times the price of Apla here.

ATOS !!!...If possible ,can you give me advice on where to buy the Czech Blades CO. razor blades ? The carbons are especially nice,but I have never been able to find a vendor.Occasionally the Tigers show up,but not the others,thanks in advance !

Attachments

• $cz.jpg
    $cz.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 296
Yes...U.S.Ebay never has them.....my google live translator could not translate the page,but at least aukro does sell the Tatra.Wonder if they ship to the U.S.,and if they have the Lyon or Sokol blades...Atos,this is a good lead in an old mystery !..

I bought three Alpa scents from Gary at Shoebox Shaving. here's a mini review:

Chypre: This has a powdery top note with some musk notes after dry down. There's a bit of citrus around the edges. It's light and fades rather quickly on me into a light muskish scent with light to medium sillage. I don't care for this one, it doesn't react well with my skin. Ingredients: 80% Alcohol Denat, Wasser, Benzyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Alkohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Cinnamal
Citral, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, d-Limonene, a-Isomethyl Ionone, Evernia Prunastri (oak moss), Evernia Furfuracea (tree moss), Musk Ketone, Musk Xylene

Violet: A variety of classic scents that I don't have experience with. In fact, I received a sample of Trumper's Ajaccio Violets on the same day as I received the Alpa Violet. To me the Trumper has a pronounced violet nose green notes, and without being overly sweet. The Alpa Violets strikes me as a little bit brighter, cleaner, and more delicate than the Trumper Violets. It has a decent duration, and a light to medium sillage. The violet note is bright but not feminine, and is a bit more single note than Trumper's. I like this a great deal, it's intimate, romantic and very old school. Ingredients: 70% Alcohol Denat., Water, Perfume, Colours CI 19140 and CI 42090, Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, d-Limonene, a-Isomethyljonon, Benzyl Benzoate, Salicylate Eugenol, Linalool, Musk ketone

Alpa Fougére Eau de Cologne: A classic Fougére to my nose, in fact it smells a great deal like both Crown and Houbigant Fougére, but more diluted. The scent is almost aftershave strength but has too much alcohol to use as an aftershave (I learned this the hard way after shaving). This cologne isn't terribly long lived, perhaps a few hours. Medium sillage. This is a perfect office cologne as it lies close to the skin and has a wonderful clean scent. An outstanding buy for the coin, I really like it. Ingredients: 70% Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, d-Limonene, a-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (tree moss), Evernia Prunastri (oak moss).

These are good quality for the money. In retrospect I wish that I'd purchased the Classique EDC instead of the Chypre, which isn't my cup of tea.

Craig

Craig, The Classique is very simalar to Brut Instincts. Maybe a little softer and less lasting, still a nice lemony, citrus scent. Goes well with the Brut Instincts.

HI,
I liked your reviews a lot,i just wish ALPA was bit more widely available,but I am sure it can be tracked down! thanks a lot!

Unfortunately I have never heard of them before. The only pages I was able to find are below, but they are czech :(
I am sorry I cannot help you more.
http://prislusenstvi-k-rc-modelum.heureka.cz/ziletky-do-hobliku-hobby-baleni-10ks/
http://aukro.cz/show_item.php?item=3217419849&utm_source=heureka&utm_medium=nove
http://aukro.cz/show_item.php?item=3217417559&utm_source=heureka&utm_medium=nove

Aukro is lets say czech eBay. Have you tried to look them up on eBay?

YES ! Tried Aukro ,but I am unable to confirm whether or not they will ship the TATRA blades to the U.S....any help ???

Attachments

• $tatra  order.jpg
    $tatra order.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 232
  • $tatra22.jpg
    $tatra22.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 232
Ordered Alpa's Windsor after shave along with Windsor pre-shave and can't wait to try them out. I've read it's a true classic from the 30's. Let's see how it will stand against my current favourite Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood after shave.

Top Bottom