What's new

Aloe Vera

I'm currently at my one month mark for my beard. Yay!
I have this Aloe Vera plant in my window and had a leaf break off the other day and was wondering if I could use it in my beard. The only product I currently use is jojoba oil after I shower and us J.R. Liggen shampoo each day. I only like to use natural products.
So if I was to use the Aloe Vera, what is the best way to apply it, how long should I let it set before washing it out, etc. Anyone have experience with this?

I know that aloe vera is good for skin and hair. I have some aloe vera juice that didn't really work out in an aftershave recipe that I was considering splashing into my facial hair so ide be interested if anyone had any feed back on this. I may just try this today after a shower

I cant see how you realistically apply raw aloe into your beard. You would probably have to skin the piece of cactus and rub it around to get full distribution to the surface, than brush it or conb it through the whole thing.

The trouble is, I would think that washing out the residue would probably also wash out the benefits, as well...

I cant see how you realistically apply raw aloe into your beard. You would probably have to skin the piece of cactus and rub it around to get full distribution to the surface, than brush it or conb it through the whole thing.

The trouble is, I would think that washing out the residue would probably also wash out the benefits, as well...

Yes, I would extract the gooey juice from it and massage it in and comb it through and leave it set for may 30 minutes or so, then wash it out.

Thats what I was imagining...

It seems that just rinsing/washing the goo out would dry out the hair enough that you would end up right back where you started, losing any benefits you night have actually gained.

I could be wrong though. Only one way to know for sure!

The aloe vera juice has the consistency of water. I rubbed this on my beard and face after a shower today. I let that dry then used my homemade beard oil. I couldn't tell an immediate difference but I imagine the aloe vera has more of a long term benifit. I read that it strengthens your hair as well as moisturizes your hair and skin. I think I may keep doing this after showers and see if I can tell a difference after a week or two

googlefu:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/225621-the-benefits-of-aloe-vera-juice-for-the-hair/

There are lots of others that say the same thing Yep its good for you. It goes bad quickly. Then there is this:

The center of an aloe vera leaf is filled with a clear, gel-like liquid that is used to make aloe vera juice. A bitter-tasting yellow sap lies just beneath the green rind of the leaf. This sap, called aloe latex, is such a strong laxative that it should be avoided unless you take it under the supervision of a physician.

If you go this route, i'd just buy the juice from the store. Sounds like it would be easier to work and deal with.

Started using Aloe Vera gel as a Pre-balm post shave. I'm not 🤔 thinking it would pair well with alcohol based After shaves. But with balms, it the bomb. Healing soothing.

Top Bottom