What's new

ALMOST found my birth quarter razor "in the wild."

I picked up a long handle Super Adjustable a few days ago that ended up being my birth year, and only one quarter away from my birth quarter! It's in near mint condition too.

It got me wondering how many of you have a birth quarter razor, and how difficult it was for you to acquire it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have two, one is NOS it came with a Sundowner Gift pack. The other one is a daily shaver.

I have several. One from the wild, the rest from the bay. Easy enough for my birth quarter. Techs and adjustables are both available.

I picked up a long handle Super Adjustable a few days ago that ended up being my birth year, and only one quarter away from my birth quarter! It's in near mint condition too.

It got me wondering how many of you have a birth quarter razor, and how difficult it was for you to acquire it.

I have three. There are only two or three Gillette models made when I was born. Slim Adjustible and Super Speed. I have 3 of the Slim Adjustibles for my birth quarter but one of them isn’tin great condition. I’ll probably end up selling it. And I have 1 Super Speed. None of them were found in the wild and all were found on eBay.

I just picked one up from the bay ( with a case!) just today and at somepoint may replate one. I tell my wife I want these as when I am dead our son may shave and think of me in that moment to which the response is “you are weird as f*k” :)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have a Super Speed birth quarter acquired off eBay. It’s a daily driver, just a great razor. Also was my first purchase of any kind online. Can’t say that anymore.

I have four. All of which are 1981 B-4 Black Beauties. I'm on the lookout for a Black Handle Super Speed with same date code.

I have a Super Speed and a Super-84. I had a Super-109 until I sold it after I got the Super-84, because i don't much care for long-handled razors. The Super-84 is a great shaver but there is metal deterioration inside that keeps the moving parts from staying loose for an extended period of time; it is why this series of razors are not repair candidates. The SS is too mild. So they're both shelf queens right now, and that's okay.

I was able to find several M4 Gillette. I have a Psycho, Black Beauties, Lady Blue, regular Tech, travel Tech, Techmatic, and Super Speed. Happy Hunting.

I have a Flare Tip, A 109 Adjustable, aTech in silver and Gold, A Lady Gillette in Blue and Gold,and an Aristocrat, all with the L-4 date code.

I was born in 1970 and for some reason, a 70 Super Speed in very nice condition has eluded me. I have a nice 73 that’ll have to do for now but a 70 Super 84 in pristine shape would be something I’d pay for.

F9161EFE-150A-4293-9EDF-D1FE7EE89B06.jpeg

I was born in 1970

Are you P4 ? I was getting in fights on eBay ;) my new strategy is just to put in a max price and walk away until it’s over ... luckily there are a fair number of P razors online pretty regularly ... sharing is caring :)

Regards
Avi

I'm an E3. Found a Flair Tip in the wild when I first rediscovered this obsession. It was in excellent condition once all the old soap was removed. Then found a Red Tip on the Bay. Love both! Had a Fat Boy but didn't like it, so gave to a friend that was just starting.

I'm blessed (or cursed, depending on how you look at it) with having a birth quarter with a couple of iconic razors - D1, or 1st quarter 1958. I have two SuperSpeed TV Specials, and a D1 Toggle, all sourced on the bay. The Toggle is strictly user grade, much of the gold wash is gone from the doors - but the SSpeeds are cased and in very good condition.

I have a D1 Red Tip that I got by chance in one of those auctions that has pics of the crummy razor in full focus and the good one, in this case the Red Tip, all fuzzy in the background.

I'm blessed (or cursed, depending on how you look at it) with having a birth quarter with a couple of iconic razors - D1, or 1st quarter 1958. I have two SuperSpeed TV Specials, and a D1 Toggle, all sourced on the bay. The Toggle is strictly user grade, much of the gold wash is gone from the doors - but the SSpeeds are cased and in very good condition.

I have a D1 Red Tip that I got by chance in one of those auctions that has pics of the crummy razor in full focus and the good one, in this case the Red Tip, all fuzzy in the background.

Those are the best auctions. Nothing like the thrill of spotting a diamond in the background and hoping that no one else does.

I have a birth year/quarter (T2) Black Handle Super Speed. Took about 10 minutes of searching on Etsy and Ebay (bought it on Ebay). Gotta love the InterWebs.

Top Bottom