What's new

Almost a year, My Shave Den & Storage

My wife just saw this thread. You guys are great you make my suggestions (to date, less than $120 Australian for a straight, brush & strop) sound perfectly sensible!

John, that is simply awesome. Next time I'm in the Cleveland area can I come by and just look at it. Please. I promise I won't touch anything.

That is fantastic. I assume that you have music and a whisky cabinet in there as well :001_cool: Many thanks for sharing the pics.

Holy $#!+

That shave den is incredible. I have been going for over a year and I only have 4 razors, 2 brushes, 3 soaps, 2 creams, 3 aftershaves and 130 blades...

I guess I better get on the ball...

Impressive! What's the clear handled razor on the bottom right of the test tube rack? It looks like an injector but that's all I can glean from the pic.

Holly mother of Moses..... I say RAD and all the other ADs are definitely live and well :thumbup:
Thank you!! I will need to resign from the Penny Pincher's group though.
+1

What will be your next acquisition?

Hopefully the PILS Stainless. I was all set for the Stainless Feather but I made a decision to go for the "Mercedes" instead of the "Acura" for the price.

Talk about a man cave! I even noticed a phone on the wall. Now you can sit on the throne and have a conversation at the same time. Do you have an emergency "cough" mute button on it. :laugh:

Older phone, circa 1982. I am lucky it is a touch phone let alone a mute button.
My father was a physician and I helped him build this house and he liked phones because he was on call.
14 including the barn and garages.
I inherited the house after he passed.

Nice work John! The last picture in the first post almost look like the Hardware Store!!

That was the look I was going for!

Thats a nice collection and the storage is excellent. Only question, where are the straights? :tongue_sm :lol:

Funny story, I had a few straights and even had Ambrose put his magic touch on a pair of straights.
proxy.php

I cut my chin so bad I took a chunk of flesh out. It took a month to heal.
Nice scar as well.
Anyways, I decided I did not want to end up dead in the bathroom from a self inflicted shaving wound.
I will stick with SE/DE/Injectors and the occasional Trac II razors.

John, that is simply awesome. Next time I'm in the Cleveland area can I come by and just look at it. Please. I promise I won't touch anything.

Sure. Sorry we could not meet last time you were in town.

WOW...great job! When does your retail store open?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My Wife's biggest fear!

You've even got Hai Karate. Did you know they stopped making that stuff about 30 years ago? Like the way you store your brushes.

I bought that on the bay to reminisce. God, now I remember why I dumped mine!!
proxy.php

Impressive! What's the clear handled razor on the bottom right of the test tube rack? It looks like an injector but that's all I can glean from the pic.
I forgot that on my signature line. I have a matching Trac II razor and Badger brush by Waterford Crystal!!
View attachment 119100]

View attachment 119101

Very nice, John!!

But... four styptic pencils???

See my response to the straights. Never hurts to stock up!!

Very nice!!!

Did you make those shelves in the first pic?

What did you use to hold the brushes?

I've been looking to put something up like that in my bathroom.

Running out of room, but no where near what you have!!!

No I used cedar tie racks. Here is a link for a new one.
I removed the top row of brass pegs. The remaining ones I bent and glued when needed to accommodate the brushes.
Here is a pick when I started out:
View attachment 119102

Excellent work, John! I especially like your test tube holder!

An excellent start - what's your next step? :biggrin1:
A stainless razor, leaning towards the PILS.
I have a bonus test tube rack. See the above photo, if interested.

+1.

In all seriousness, I'm green with envy. That's a serious cave!....

Thanks,

I do appreciate all the nice things being said.
proxy.php

I am proud of my hobby/addiction.
John

Outstanding. And I don't see a thing wrong with that at all. As such, I may be an enabler and certainly a sufferer of RAD, SBAD and other acquisition disorders.

I see an over-the-toilet wall storage unit on the horizon. :w00t:

Chris

Outstanding. And I don't see a thing wrong with that at all. As such, I may be an enabler and certainly a sufferer of RAD, SBAD and other acquisition disorders.

I see an over-the-toilet wall storage unit on the horizon. :w00t:

Chris

The wall storage is the way to go if you have the room.
I was going to get one of those cheap over the toilet kits you get from Sears or Bed/Bath & Beyond. For the same money or less, I got a near matching cabinet from Home Depot.
I secured it with six 3 1/2" long screws into studs makes it the perfect storage unit.

Jeez, I'm a little over a year in and I have a tube of Proraso, Trumpers SS, Cella SS, AV splash, Nivea balm, Ivy Spice splash, Thayers WH, a couple of good brushes, and four razors and that's it....I want whatever job you have! :001_smile

I am a civil servant making less than I did at Ford Motor Company.
SWMBO is now the big bread winner and reluctant financial supporter of my new hobby

John

Last edited:
Awesome set up!! :thumbup: Thanks for sharing. I'll have to share with SWMBO, she won't think I'm as crazy now.:lol:

I showed SWMBO this post hoping for the very same result. But now she just thinks we are all crazy...:lol:

Really though, that is a fantastic set up. Especially after a year.

Top Bottom