What's new

Almond-scented soaps and lotion

I really enjoy the smell of almond to the point of obsession and was hoping some of the ladies and gentlemen here could recommend some quality body soaps and lotion that have a nice almond scent.

Thanks!

I have the C&E almond body lotion and like the scent a lot. It has a floral overtone so is not "true" almond like but still, I like it a lot. I found the bodyshop almond line to be a more true almond scent, IMHO. Go to both C&E and Bodyshop and see if you can score some samples, so you can see how it settles on your person.

Darren

Hello,

Another place to try is Caswell-Massey. They are famous for their almond product line. Excellent bath soaps, lotions, shower gels, shampoos, talcs. I have most of the almond products they sell and enjoy them. The almond is quite distinct; no mistaking it for any other scents.

www.caswellmassey.com

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I love Almond scents as well!

I was however very dissapointed in the C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream. It smells almost rancid to me. I tried their sample tube as well and verified that I did not have a bad batch.

I however, love the smell of the Trumpers Almond.

Edit: The C&E Almond has grown on me and now I actually enjoy it...I still like the trumper's almond more however. The C&E isn't as strong or sweet...its more of a warm scent.

JohnnyWolf said:
I was however very dissapointed in the C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream. It smells almost rancid to me. I tried their sample tube as well and verified that I did not have a bad batch.

Johnny,

You may be the first person to give the C&E Almond a poor review.

It goes to show, YMMV!

mrob said:
Johnny,

You may be the first person to give the C&E Almond a poor review.

It goes to show, YMMV!

I came back to edit by poor review. It started growing on me and now I really enjoy it!

I used it for about a week before calling it "rancid" but now I realize that the scent just isn't as strong and artifical as I am used to with "almond" scented products, ie. soaps and lotions.

I just remembered that Kneipp (German Spa-style brand) has some products with almond oil. A very, very nice soap, a facial mask and if I'm not mistaken also a body lotion. Great stuff for sensitive skin.

The Caswell-Masey line of almond products is very good one of my favorites. Col. Conk Alomond balm is another good product as well as their soap. I like how the sent of the balmm lingers for a couple of hours after application.

Crema Cella Sapone -

I typically don't like almond-scented products, but this one (which is a nice, subtle almond scent) is fantastic. Great, thick lather to boot.

Hmmm, has anyone here used the CL Salter Almond cream? I was wondering how it compares to the scent of others...I love the scent of this cream SO MUCH...and I mean SO MUCH, that when I work up a good lather and i happen to get some on my hand inadvertantly, I bring my hand up to my mouth to lick it off! I can't help it, the stuff smells delicious! Of course after I see what I am about to do I come to my senses and wipe, but still! I just wish it would make my face smell like that for the day. :sigh: :)

Salter's Almond was the first, and thus far (SCAD in check :scared: ), only almond scented shave cream/soap that i've used. Both the Mrs. & I love the scent -- it is yummy. I do think it leans toward the cherry notes more than others though from what I've read about the others, and what my own nose detects in the Salter's.

I forgot to mention that the Mrs. also picked up some milk/almond scented products at the local L'Occitane that were decent too.

Top Bottom