What's new

Almond Scented Soap Recombination

l’m looking to pick up and Almond scented soap.

Cella, Valobra & Razorock P160 are on the short list. Any information on those would be appreciated.

Also, if there is something else I should be looking at, let me know.

*Oops not trying to recombine anything. STUPID PHONE!:censored:

I've used Cella an Valobra both, and I like them both, which isn't too helpful, I know. I think for performance in general, I'd go for Cella. I reach for it now more than Valobra; and I like Cella's marzipan aroma.

IMHO the Valobra almond ‘brick’ which comes in a cardboard box is excellent. I prefer it to Cella as it offers me greater slickness and seems more true to an almond scent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO the Valobra almond ‘brick’ which comes in a cardboard box is excellent. I prefer it to Cella as it offers me greater slickness and seems more true to an almond scent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s the one I’m looking at. I’ve got the menthol and the performance is excellent.

This is a great question and one I was going to ask as well. I have a few of the older soaps but my understanding is that there have been many improvements since I have been away from the hobby.

I have in my rotation P. 160 Tipo Morbido, Cella, and Acca Kappa (tub). I like them all but find myself drifting towards Cella more.

My understanding is that the new Razorock Classic and Razorock P. 160 are better than all 3. I have yet to try them yet though. I would love to know how they compare to each other in both terms of scent and performance.

Last edited:
Razorock P160 is excellent. I enjoyed Cella a lot, but haven't bought any more after I ran out due to way too much soap. 3P is also highly regarded

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

i've not tried the RR p160, but can attest that both valobra and cella are excellent. i get cella in the brick and cut it up into tins for friends and family. cella might have a tad more marzipan scent. but both are relatively affordable, so why not get one of each??

valobra simpson schulze boellis panama september 3 2015.jpg
cella simpson filarmonica february 2 2017.jpg

I believe I have tried all Italian almond soaps.

Cella is my top choice . The brick and tub have slightly different formulations and fragrance (confirmed to me by the company itself). The tub has a stronger marzipan scent, while the brick has a more refined and warm almond oil scent. Both amazing, though

Valobra, for me, is the best scented one, and while it performs great, for me Cella is a notch above in terms of slickness and post shave (I attribute that to the tallow component). Still a fantastic choice from a historical soap maker

RR160 is decent, but it is what it is, a good replica.

Some people love Vitos, but for me it was not as good as the other ones.

I believe I have tried all Italian almond soaps.

Cella is my top choice . The brick and tub have slightly different formulations and fragrance (confirmed to me by the company itself). The tub has a stronger marzipan scent, while the brick has a more refined and warm almond oil scent. Both amazing, though

Valobra, for me, is the best scented one, and while it performs great, for me Cella is a notch above in terms of slickness and post shave (I attribute that to the tallow component). Still a fantastic choice from a historical soap maker

RR160 is decent, but it is what it is, a good replica.

Some people love Vitos, but for me it was not as good as the other ones.
Sounds like the brick scent is the one I’d like best. Not sure I like it enough to commit to a kilo though.:smile1:

I'm going to go off of the well-traveled path and suggest trying something other than an Italian soap (horror!) Siliski Soaps Toasted Almond has a really robust almond scent, performs very well and and the soap's ingredient list is pretty great (Saponified cocoa butter, mango butter, shea butter, castor oil, essential/fragrance oils, sodium lactate, tussah silk). If you don't want to commit to a whole tub, you can pick up a 2 ounce sample pucks from the Siliski website. Their post-shave balms are quite good as well, and I love the size and pricing ($8 for 2 ounces).

Cella is excellent IMO (used it this AM)! There is a difference between the tub and the brick, so both are worth trying. To my nose, the scent is marzipan, which is just fine with me!

Just wanted to provide an update on scent profiles as I love almond scents and have a bunch in my collection at this moment and just compared them all. To my nose:

• Cella Crema Da Barba All'Olio Di Mandorla - some say sweet almond, some say amaretto, some say marzipan. I honestly have no idea as this smell is so unique and to me the best smelling almond soap of all time. I have yet to find a match to it.

• Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima - same as above but slightly weaker scent - it would be a dream come true to have a stronger scent in this version

• Barberia Bolognini Emolliente e Nutriente - almost exactly like almond extract. Italian Barber says with a twist of Dr. Pepper and I do smell a hint of something else but it's barely noticeable unless comparing side by side to one of the exact matches below. (sweet scent - delicious)

• Razorock Classic - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• Trumpers Almond Cream - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• P. 160 Tipo Morbido - to me this a completely unique scent and I think bitter almond describes it best. Almost like almond extract but not, I think the difference is that slightly bitter component.

• Acca Kappa 1869 Cream in tub - this is also a completely unique scent. It is hard to describe - sweeter than P. 160 (only because it is not bitter) and not sweet at the same time. A completely different profile than those that smell like sweet almond extract. Maybe the best way to describe it is as the purest "nutty scent".

Cella and Acca Kappa are, for me, the hardest to describe because they are both unique in their own way and I don't know the adjectives to describe them. I will never not have Cella in my collection. I won't be replacing AK as I originally bought it when it was $20 and the going rate is twice that.

I hope this helps you all in your search. They all smell great to me in their own way. I really like them all. Personally however, I almost always reach for Cella because I can't get enough of its scent.

Just wanted to provide an update on scent profiles as I love almond scents and have a bunch in my collection at this moment and just compared them all. To my nose:

• Cella Crema Da Barba All'Olio Di Mandorla - some say sweet almond, some say amaretto, some say marzipan. I honestly have no idea as this smell is so unique and to me the best smelling almond soap of all time. I have yet to find a match to it.

• Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima - same as above but slightly weaker scent - it would be a dream come true to have a stronger scent in this version

• Barberia Bolognini Emolliente e Nutriente - almost exactly like almond extract. Italian Barber says with a twist of Dr. Pepper and I do smell a hint of something else but it's barely noticeable unless comparing side by side to one of the exact matches below. (sweet scent - delicious)

• Razorock Classic - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• Trumpers Almond Cream - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• P. 160 Tipo Morbido - to me this a completely unique scent and I think bitter almond describes it best. Almost like almond extract but not, I think the difference is that slightly bitter component.

• Acca Kappa 1869 Cream in tub - this is also a completely unique scent. It is hard to describe - sweeter than P. 160 (only because it is not bitter) and not sweet at the same time. A completely different profile than those that smell like sweet almond extract. Maybe the best way to describe it is as the purest "nutty scent".

Cella and Acca Kappa are, for me, the hardest to describe because they are both unique in their own way and I don't know the adjectives to describe them. I will never not have Cella in my collection. I won't be replacing AK as I originally bought it when it was $20 and the going rate is twice that.

I hope this helps you all in your search. They all smell great to me in their own way. I really like them all. Personally however, I almost always reach for Cella because I can't get enough of its scent.
Thanks for the write up! A lot of good information here.

I ended up getting a sample of Cella from the brick and bought a tub of RazoRock P160. The scents are slightly different but I like them both.

Let us know how you like them. IMHO, I prefer Cella. It's so easy to lather, offers good protection, great slickness, & the post shave feel is exceptional.

Just used Siliski Roasted Almond soap. This is my first almond soap but it smells wonderful. Soap performed great. It is vegan.

If you want an almond that will completely knock your socks off, try Stirling! I have always loved the Marzipan scent of Cella, but wanted more of it. Somewhere along the way someone suggested Stirling Almond Crème - Trust me, this stuff smells so delicious you could put it on toast! It is almost over-powering, but if that's what you're looking for.... look no further.

Top Bottom