What's new

Almond Scented Soap Recombination

TOBS Almond cream is quite nice. Like most Taylor creams even with hard water I get great slickness and softening, the amond scent isn't quite as pronounced as Cella but does have definite marzipan notes.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I had a very nicely almond scented soap several years ago by Caswell Massey. You can likely still get it on Amazon.

Pretty similar to Cella, but Figaro's red soap is pretty good. For me, neither of these soaps amaze or disappoint.

PALMIRA " Blue Cube " from Serbia shows up on Amazon and Ebay , it's a fantastic almond scented soap, with thick rich lather...
al.jpg
al2.jpg
al3.jpg

Just wanted to provide an update on scent profiles as I love almond scents and have a bunch in my collection at this moment and just compared them all. To my nose:

• Cella Crema Da Barba All'Olio Di Mandorla - some say sweet almond, some say amaretto, some say marzipan. I honestly have no idea as this smell is so unique and to me the best smelling almond soap of all time. I have yet to find a match to it.

• Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima - same as above but slightly weaker scent - it would be a dream come true to have a stronger scent in this version

• Barberia Bolognini Emolliente e Nutriente - almost exactly like almond extract. Italian Barber says with a twist of Dr. Pepper and I do smell a hint of something else but it's barely noticeable unless comparing side by side to one of the exact matches below. (sweet scent - delicious)

• Razorock Classic - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• Trumpers Almond Cream - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• P. 160 Tipo Morbido - to me this a completely unique scent and I think bitter almond describes it best. Almost like almond extract but not, I think the difference is that slightly bitter component.

• Acca Kappa 1869 Cream in tub - this is also a completely unique scent. It is hard to describe - sweeter than P. 160 (only because it is not bitter) and not sweet at the same time. A completely different profile than those that smell like sweet almond extract. Maybe the best way to describe it is as the purest "nutty scent".

Cella and Acca Kappa are, for me, the hardest to describe because they are both unique in their own way and I don't know the adjectives to describe them. I will never not have Cella in my collection. I won't be replacing AK as I originally bought it when it was $20 and the going rate is twice that.

I hope this helps you all in your search. They all smell great to me in their own way. I really like them all. Personally however, I almost always reach for Cella because I can't get enough of its scent.

Great descriptions!! For me, the two Cella options are tops!! :a14::a14:(So you have excellent taste IMHO!!)

I have some ABC On the way now so I’m excited to compare that to the Cella & RR P160.

ABC is indeed nice just really pricey. I like the scent better than cella. Performance is nice. To me it’s less marzipan and more just almond. Curious what you think in comparison once you receive it.

Love Christmas cookies!! :a29:
I am with you. Me too! It's interesting to me that a lot of the almond smells are described as marzipan - however, if you smell them all next to each other there are very distinct variations. I "think" when most people say almond/cherry they mean the almond oil extract smell just because the majority of my soaps are exaxtly that smell with only slightly different strength variations (Jergins moisturizer "classic" scent is that as well - and I do love it as well) . However, to me Cella is definitely very different, and so is P. 160 and Akka Kappa. I have *read* that Stirling's Almond is close to Cella but I can't confirm.

ABC is indeed nice just really pricey. I like the scent better than cella. Performance is nice. To me it’s less marzipan and more just almond. Curious what you think in comparison once you receive it.
The ABC came in and I used it Saturday followed by the P.160 today.

To me, the ABC is closer in scent to RR P.160 than it is to Cella. Like you said it it’s more of a straight up almond scent. Performance wise the ABC was a bit more luxurious but to be honest, the RR P.160 gets you about 90% of the way there. If I was buying at full retail, I don’t think that 10% would be worth the extra $75.

I’ll use the Cella tomorrow while the other two are fresh in my mind for comparison.

The ABC came in and I used it Saturday followed by the P.160 today.

To me, the ABC is closer in scent to RR P.160 than it is to Cella. Like you said it it’s more of a straight up almond scent. Performance wise the ABC was a bit more luxurious but to be honest, the RR P.160 gets you about 90% of the way there. If I was buying at full retail, I don’t think that 10% would be worth the extra $75.

I’ll use the Cella tomorrow while the other two are fresh in my mind for comparison.

Nice. I need to try out some p.160 then.

Just wanted to provide an update on scent profiles as I love almond scents and have a bunch in my collection at this moment and just compared them all. To my nose:

• Cella Crema Da Barba All'Olio Di Mandorla - some say sweet almond, some say amaretto, some say marzipan. I honestly have no idea as this smell is so unique and to me the best smelling almond soap of all time. I have yet to find a match to it.

• Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima - same as above but slightly weaker scent - it would be a dream come true to have a stronger scent in this version

• Barberia Bolognini Emolliente e Nutriente - almost exactly like almond extract. Italian Barber says with a twist of Dr. Pepper and I do smell a hint of something else but it's barely noticeable unless comparing side by side to one of the exact matches below. (sweet scent - delicious)

• Razorock Classic - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• Trumpers Almond Cream - exactly like almond extract (sweet scent - delicious)

• P. 160 Tipo Morbido - to me this a completely unique scent and I think bitter almond describes it best. Almost like almond extract but not, I think the difference is that slightly bitter component.

• Acca Kappa 1869 Cream in tub - this is also a completely unique scent. It is hard to describe - sweeter than P. 160 (only because it is not bitter) and not sweet at the same time. A completely different profile than those that smell like sweet almond extract. Maybe the best way to describe it is as the purest "nutty scent".

Cella and Acca Kappa are, for me, the hardest to describe because they are both unique in their own way and I don't know the adjectives to describe them. I will never not have Cella in my collection. I won't be replacing AK as I originally bought it when it was $20 and the going rate is twice that.

I hope this helps you all in your search. They all smell great to me in their own way. I really like them all. Personally however, I almost always reach for Cella because I can't get enough of its scent.
Just to have all of my thoughts on almond soaps in one place, I will reply to my post from awhile ago...

Sudsy Soapery Almond and Vanilla - this is an interesting scent. It has the sweet almond extract smell but also the nuttiness that you find in acca kappa. I would say it mostly smells like almond extract but there are moments where I smell some of that nuttiness. Its a nice scent overall

Shannon's Soaps Amaretto - This is the sweetest almond/amaretto/marzipan that I have ever smelled. I really like the scent. I only used it once and I thought it completely changed once lathered though. Kind of disappointing.

The headiest almond soap that I’ve encountered is Moon Amaretto Especiale. It’s a croap. The almond scent is deep and almost overwhelming.

Top Bottom