What's new

Alliance of Merkur

Was a bit pressed for time this morning so I repeated yesterday's shave and lovely it was too :)

42C Nomad 599.jpg

Pre-Shave: hot water
Lather: 3P
Brush: Chinese black badger
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 on 2
Blade: Elios
Post-shave: DiBarba alum stick and ALDI A/S Blue Ocean

Silky smooth, just a tad below an GP.

Lather: Tabac puck (complete set)
Brush: Chinese black badger (VIG Shaving)
Blade: Derby USTA
Post-shave: DiBarba alum stick and ALDI A/S Blue Ocean

Silky smooth, just a tad below an GP.

Enjoyed a wonderful 2 pass shave with the short-handled Progress this morning. I only used it on setting 1 but there was still plenty of blade feel.

Enjoyed a wonderful 2 pass shave with the short-handled Progress this morning. I only used it on setting 1 but there was still plenty of blade feel.
I do not feel the blade on setting 2? It is silky smooth, as if there was no blade in the razor.

I do not feel the blade on setting 2? It is silky smooth, as if there was no blade in the razor.
Oh it was silky smooth for sure but I've been using a 37C and 42C for the last few weeks so I am probably hyper aware of any increased blade feel 🙂

Oh it was silky smooth for sure but I've been using a 37C and 42C for the last few weeks so I am probably hyper aware of any increased blade feel 🙂
Better switch to the Progress and forget about these other razors :wink2: I must have tried about a hundred.

Day 139 ~ Shave 140 ~ Score 10/10

TOBS Sandalwood
Omega 599
Merkur 42C
Muhle (4th use)
TOBS Sandalwood AS

I'm four days into my Shave of The Week (STW) and keeping to one setup has paid smooth shaves dividends :)

42C TOBS Sandalwood 599.jpg

I am looking for an inkwell type stand for my Merkur Progress. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'd like something with some heft.

Lather: Proraso White tub super formula
Brush: Omega pro 10108 (breaking in, 5th shave)
Blade: DORCO ST300 HQ (Vietnam)
Post-shave: DiBarba alum stick and ALDI A/S Vibrant Green

Silky smooth, just a tad below a GP. I never used Proraso before, but the white tub is nice.

Merkur 39C & Kai

After a less than satisfactory hotel shave yesterday it was nice being back home where normal shaving standards resumed 🙂

IMG_20210417_101810284~2.jpg

So, I started a new club for all of us Merkur lovers.

Here's how to join, it's easy-

You must:

1. Own at least one Merkur Razor

2. Use a Merkur razor at least once weekly.

To join, just respond to this thread saying "I dig Merkurs, I'm joining" along with a photo of your Merkur razor(s)

All we ask is that you put "AOM" or "Alliance of Merkur" in your signature

Thank you and Happy Shaving!
I submit to the forum, my VERY first DE (still in use) a 34C purchased off of thisverry forum I believe in 2009/10. I also recently acquired a FUTUR, from a fellow member here, I will need to get them together and post later..... What a wonderful group of folks we have here!!!

Pre-Shave: shower
Lather: Tabac in the mug
Brush: Zenith pro boar with Kotibe handle
Blade: Derby Premium
Post-shave: DiBarba alum stick, 3P cream and ALDI A/S Optimist

Silky smooth, just a tad below a GP.

Top Bottom