What's new

All Your Best Stuff

If you were going to use all of your favourite shaving stuff for one all-star shave, what would it be? I mean your favourite soap, brush, razor, blade, aftershave, and whatever other stuff you use and really love.

If you prefer you can include stuff you don’t have but would pick for your all-star shave if you could.

Go on, treat yourself.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Same as I do every day. Splash on hot water and lather Martin de Candre Fougere with a Kent BK4 (even days) or a BKB4 (its black handled twin for odd days). Shave three passes with a Personna Lab Blue in an Above the Tie Windsor with a mild copper plate. Splash on 4711 cologne. For some, variety is the spice of life. For me a perfect shave every day is the better path. (BTW, this is my entire "den" other than two or three other rarely used cologne.)

I don't think I can decide on just one as I have so many great razors, brushes, blades, soaps and creams, as well as aftershave products. If something is no good, I get rid of it. Bottom line, for me, every shave is a 5-star shave as far as gear. Not always the man doing the work.

That's hard as I enjoy everything I use and far to much stuff to choose from. Going on what I have not got/tried, a dubl duck straight, perhaps an extro cosmesi shaving cream come to mind and I can't think of an aftershave 🙂

Proraso pre shave cream. I don't care so much for pre shave cream, but I can include in a five star shaving.
Canada Shaving Soap with a synthetic brush (Simpson or Yaqi). Also Truefitt Hill Ultimate Comfort shaving cream is about same level.
Muhle Rocca razor.
Gillette Black Platinum Blade from India.
Granado after shave balm from Brazil.

Done.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
What I shaved with yesterday:

1. Pears Transparent soap (India) to wash face.
  2. ARKO stick soap for face lather.
  3. Proraso Pro boar brush.
  4. Gold Dollar W59 straight razors finished on an Adaee #12000 Cnat.
  5. Dickinson Witch Hazel/Wahl Bay Rum mix 1:4 aftershave.

Ha! Too many favourites!!

2020 shave comp.jpg

When you say best do you mean best performing? Or do you mean costliest. My costliest would be
Wolfman WR2 .95 with a KAI blade, MdC Original soap with a Simpson's Chubby 2 Super followed by a splash of Caswell Massey #6. But best performing? Currently that's a Gillette TV Special, Personna Med Prep, Tabac, Rudy Vey keyhole with a Shavemac Silvertip, followed by Captain's Choice North splash.

My favorites:
Pre-shave: Savon de Marseille olive oil soap
Razor: SCS A-1
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Omega Pro 48
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave (rarely used): Tabac

Pretty happy that I can actually use my favorite stuff just about everyday. In all honesty, if I don't use the Tabac, I use the Savon to shave with. So not much changes. ;)

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Lovely question. My personal all-star list changes with daily with the wind. Here is today's:
  • Soap: Santa Maria Novella (any of a half-dozen choices could easily appear in this spot)
  • Brush: Shavemac 2-band badger handmade by Bernd
  • Razor: Rex Ambassador, Flitz-polished cap
  • Blade: Personna Med Prep or Astra Superior Stainless (which is abbreviated A-S-... um, perhaps some things shouldn't be abbreviated)
  • Aftershave: Pre de Provence No. 63
Which has me asking, why oh why did I agree to participate yet again in the "All Arko August" challenge? Looking forward to Sept. 1.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Soft or medium bristle toothbrush with mint-flavored fluoride toothpaste
Pert Plus 2-in-1 Anti-dandruff and Irish Spring for my shower
Maggards 30mm ‘tuxedo’ synthetic brush
ARKO! shave stick soap
RazoRock Hawk V3OC single-edged safety razor
Schick Proline P-series disposable razor blade
Neutrogena Hydro-boost gel cream

Top Bottom