What's new

All-time Favorite Aftershave Balm or Aftershave Splash and Why?

Looking for some to try. What's your favorite and why? Is it the scent, how it makes your skin feel? How long does the scent last?

penhaligon blenheim bouquet dovo kai may 24 2021.jpg
''

Why??

BB is a classic!!

I’m definitely in the balm camp. I used Nivea Sensitive exclusively for a long time. It’s a good product with a mild sent. It goes with everything, is readily available and good value. It’s though to beat.

I branched out trying lots of balms and had a hard time finding anything better. I eventually found a few but not many and not by much. Nivea Sensitive is my benchmark for balms.

Better than Nivea:
Baume BE
Antica Barbieria Colla

Similar level (but with better scent):
Aqua di Parma
Castle Forbes

Not as good as Nivea:
Zingari Man
Speick
Trumpers Skin Food
Truefitt & Hill
DR Harris
L’occtaine

YMMV

Balm camp forever! :) The best balm on my skin was the Cella Red. It does everything for me: soothes, moisturizes, does not leave any oily feeling or looking on the skin, skin absorbes it really fast even when I use some large amount of it. Oh, and I really want to give a shot to Stirling AS products.

The two you should consider IMO...
IMG_0522.JPG

Price for performance you can't beat the Nivea sensitive. It really helps with any skin problems and the light scent doesn't interfere with anything else. Not greasy.

The wife claims that Sharp Dressed Man is her favorite, but the Stirling Gentleman gets better results if you get my drift. Stirling Gentleman is also my favorite, but in hot weather I don't use it because the tobacco and amber just seem right in cooler weather. The scent will stay all day and slightly into the next. When it's hot I tend towards Sharp Dressed Man or Clubman classic vanilla.

There's so many good splashes and balms for me personally it depends on the weather and my mood lately Fine accoutrements lavender pour homme, Speick active and B&M waves are my fav splashes as for balms Nivea sensitive cool, baxter of california & speick balm are the most used

The two you should consider IMO...
View attachment 1278604

Price for performance you can't beat the Nivea sensitive. It really helps with any skin problems and the light scent doesn't interfere with anything else. Not greasy.

The wife claims that Sharp Dressed Man is her favorite, but the Stirling Gentleman gets better results if you get my drift. Stirling Gentleman is also my favorite, but in hot weather I don't use it because the tobacco and amber just seem right in cooler weather. The scent will stay all day and slightly into the next. When it's hot I tend towards Sharp Dressed Man or Clubman classic vanilla.
I do have Haverford from Stirling. Agree with what you said about tobacco and amber fitting better with cooler weather.

There are a handful of aftershaves that I would happily use forever (e.g. Proraso Green, TOBS Sandalwood, Razorock Nomad or XXX). The problem is choosing just one! Gun to the head though it would probably be TOBS Sandalwood. Not the best post-shave feel, but that scent is just about perfect...

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I like 4711 cologne. It has a nice clean citrus scent that does not linger, it has a slight bracing burn, and it is inexpensive. If cost and lingering scent were not issues it would be Eau Sauvage edc. I am also quite fond of Acqua di Selva.

Top Bottom