What's new

All the Different Personnas

Could someone tell me (or point me to) all the different types of Personna blades? I've heard of Lab Blues, Med Blues, Israeli Reds, etc. but are these all produced by the same company, or in the same plant, or with the same materials and coatings?

Very confusing! There are numerous threads. My brief summary:
1. One company
2. Two factories, one US another Israeli
3. US brands: med preps and lab blues
4. Israeli brands: reds (various packages), Crystals and many store brands.

Thank you both for your answers! @TheVez2 that post certainly is confusing but I think ultimately gives me the answers I was looking for, thanks! When I finally get past my new member prohibition period, I'd like to put some of this into a Wiki post

There are two companies that make Personna branded blades.

Private Brands Group – a division of Edgewell Personal Care makes private label as well as Personna-labeled blades. They run the factory in Israel.

They spun off a second company, AccuTec Blades which focuses on blades for industrial, medical, scientific, and commercial use. They make blades in the USA for medical and the barber trade. Their factories are in Verona, Virginia and a second manufacturing facility in Obregon, Mexico.

There is strictly speaking, no Personna Company. That is a brand-name.

Last edited:
There are two companies that make Personna branded blades.

Private Brands Group – a division of Edgewell Personal Care makes private label as well as Personna-labeled blades. They run the factory in Israel.

They spun off a second company, AccuTec Blades which focuses on blades for industrial, medical, scientific, and commercial use. They make blades in the USA for medical and the barber trade. Their factories are in Verona, Virginia and a second manufacturing facility in Obregon, Mexico.

There is strictly speaking, no Personna Company. That is a brand-name.

I actually did some poking around of my own, and I think this is correct to a large degree. The story apparently is that in 2011, Energizer (as in the battery company) bought the American Safety Razor Corporation (ASRCO), which manufactured ALL Personnas. In 2015, the blade manufacturing division was spun off as Edgewell Personal Care. That company then sold the industrial blade production to a company now called Accutec Blades. The private label blades are produced by Private Label Group, which is a sub-division of Edgewell. Eponymously-branded "Personna" blades that are not medical or laboratory blades are made by Edgewell

Interestingly, according to Edgewell's website, they make Wilkinsons for their European market, which is another interesting tidbit. I've written to the company for more information, so hopefully I get a helpful response.

I actually did some poking around of my own, and I think this is correct to a large degree. The story apparently is that in 2011, Energizer (as in the battery company) bought the American Safety Razor Corporation (ASRCO), which manufactured ALL Personnas. In 2015, the blade manufacturing division was spun off as Edgewell Personal Care. That company then sold the industrial blade production to a company now called Accutec Blades. The private label blades are produced by Private Label Group, which is a sub-division of Edgewell. Eponymously-branded "Personna" blades that are not medical or laboratory blades are made by Edgewell

Interestingly, according to Edgewell's website, they make Wilkinsons for their European market, which is another interesting tidbit. I've written to the company for more information, so hopefully I get a helpful response.
Also own Schick to

Very confusing companies and product line! Unfortunately, I like their blades, so I put up with this nonsense!

Opened a tuck of the Israeli made personna reds today. Actually found a burr on the corner of the first blade I took out of the pack. Round filed that blade and got another. The shave was painful. I will stick with the U.S. made Personna blue pack. I have yet to find one of them I dont like.

Injector blades to I think they still make
The Injector blades made by Schick are made in China. They are still good blades. I prefer the vintage Personnas. My Personna Tri-Flex cartridges for my Sensor are American made by the Edgewell Corporation.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I hear/read a lot of positive comments on the 'lab blues', but to me the Israeli Reds are so much sharper and smoother it's hard to understand why the Labs are so popular. Obviously, YMMV in blades is well understood by all here. Maybe I'll eventually try a lab blue in a razor that brings out it's best qualities for me. So many guys like them that I'm sure i just haven't found the right razor yet.

I hear/read a lot of positive comments on the 'lab blues', but to me the Israeli Reds are so much sharper and smoother it's hard to understand why the Labs are so popular. Obviously, YMMV in blades is well understood by all here. Maybe I'll eventually try a lab blue in a razor that brings out it's best qualities for me. So many guys like them that I'm sure i just haven't found the right razor yet.

I definitely prefer the Israeli Reds over the Lab Blues. IMO, the Reds smoother and more forgiving, but still provide great results. The Israeli Reds are my favorite blade.

I personally can't stand any of
The Personna blades for me
Every blade made in Russia is
Great or Very Very good and Silver Star Super Stainless from Egypt are far superior to anything being sold under the Personna
Name and then there's the Super Max
Brand from India they are making some
Great Blades and some very very good
Blades, second only to Russia.
As always YMMV

Personna blades are my favorite.
I bought a sampler pack of all the personna blades and they all seem decent so far.

Top Bottom