What's new

All the chubbies! Couldnt decided so I got all three

After looking at the chubbies I decided to get all three lol. I got the wife's approval and I got them. Breaking in the chubby 1 this morning, I am really impressed already. The handle definitely could be bigger but it being thicker helped alot. Chubby 2 is the softest but not by much compared to the chubby 3. I think the chubby 3 has excellent hair better than the chubby 1 even though they are both in best. It's true when ppl say that the super isnt much better but now I know why they said it. Compared to the best in the chubby 1 it's alot better but when you compare the chubby 2 super and the chubby 3 best. I would save the money and get the best but you dont know what your going to get.
20200111_102433.jpg
20200111_102448.jpg
20200111_102634.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
After looking at the chubbies I decided to get all three lol. I got the wife's approval and I got them. Breaking in the chubby 1 this morning, I am really impressed already. The handle definitely could be bigger but it being thicker helped alot. Chubby 2 is the softest but not by much compared to the chubby 3. I think the chubby 3 has excellent hair better than the chubby 1 even though they are both in best. It's true when ppl say that the super isnt much better but now I know why they said it. Compared to the best in the chubby 1 it's alot better but when you compare the chubby 2 super and the chubby 3 best. I would save the money and get the best but you dont know what your going to get.View attachment 1051699View attachment 1051700View attachment 1051701

I believe Simpson has several other grades but you're way ahead in the Chubby Race.

Calipers? What are the actual knot sizes as you measure them?

Congratulations and happy shaves,

Jim

Those are beautiful brushes. I want to get a Chubby. I currently have a Berkeley Best Badger only, but no other Simpsons brushes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lovely! The Chubby 1 is my favourite Chubby by far, a great face lathering brush. Enjoy!

I’ve almost bought one in the past, but I have several Duke 3’s and they’re so close to the same size I haven’t been able to justify it. I live the Chubby 2’s I have, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I’ve almost bought one in the past, but I have several Duke 3’s and they’re so close to the same size I haven’t been able to justify it. I live the Chubby 2’s I have, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, I have a Chubby 1 and a Duke 3 in Manchurian and it is tough to tell the knots apart. Any difference that may exist is certainly not worth the extra expense in my opinion. I would love a Duke 1 Manchurian to fit in a small Simpson travel case!

Top Bottom