What's new

FS ALL SOLD British Gillette Aristocrat 2nd generation, 1939 Gillette Popular, Eclipse Red Ring set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another small sale of some fine Brits - to me the pinnacle of vintage shaving. I have duplicates of these specific razors/sets, hence the sale.

Please see all descriptions and pics below to evaluate condition. Shoot me a PM if questions or need for more photos. Thanks.

Prices are firm until further notice. First buyer to PM full buy commitment get. Buyer chooses shipping method and owns the risk. I am in Europe/EU. Standard shipping without Track&Trace/insurance worldwide 10 USD (solid box) for razor only, 15 USD (solid box) for 1 razor set or more items. Other shipping options please PM but just so you know: Danish Postal Service charges 40+ USD for worldwide tracked/insured shipping...

Thanks for looking, gentlemen!

Gillette Aristocrat #15 2nd generation - Full set in good but not perfect condition. Razor has a little bit of pitting on the doors and a few marks on the handle but overall is in very acceptable condition, mechanics in order. Case is refurbished (not by me) and quite nicely done, nice exterior, some of the inside fabric is new - 150 USD

1939 Gillette Popular - Nickel plating is shot but other than that the razor is in fine shape. Great candidate for replate - 90 USD

1930s Eclipse Red Ring - hard to-come-by razor/set, coined the BB set (given the case). Provides a mild, efficient, and quite unique feeling shave with its magnificent open/closed comb design. If I could only keep one non-Gillette British vintage razor this would be it (even over my Darwins). Magnet still works. Razor is in good condition, chrome plating is 95%, only a bit of wear on the blade studs (as is often seen) and then that flaw with the missing chrome on the top cap as shown. Case has marks but is solid and opens and closes fine. Rare razor set priced for condition - 235 USD

#15 2nd generation Aristocrat
589ECD9B-9125-45CC-943D-2B0AEE1B4744.jpeg
0689C628-015C-44B1-A2D6-B244BC426F08.jpeg
E94706B3-6191-468F-860B-65C89C0C4F17.jpeg
EEE316DC-B901-44B4-AD9E-6D9DC8B42CC5.jpeg
D69C3A9D-48D7-4279-89FB-1933C95E0A23.jpeg
9F85EE3D-B208-44D0-B44A-66BBA95B6E54.jpeg
A6A41C6D-1EB7-4134-A393-0C287B77B09E.jpeg
43DAEA5D-A656-4E0C-8F14-EC7FB1115136.jpeg

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Outstanding sale! Three remarkable sets at fantastic prices. GLWTS, Peter!

(Peter - the den-thinning intervention is happening next Tuesday at Tom’s house. Tell your friends.)

Den-thinning intervention at my house? Next Tuesday? But, I'll be out of town. Yes, that's it. I will be out of town on a cruise. Yes, that's right, a cruise in the middle of the ocean. Yes, a cruise in the middle of the ocean, far, far away from the den-thinning intervention. Far, far away...

Someone will not find better value for each of these razors. Great sale as always Peter!

Outstanding sale! Three remarkable sets at fantastic prices. GLWTS, Peter!

(Peter - the den-thinning intervention is happening next Tuesday at Tom’s house. Tell your friends.)

Den-thinning intervention at my house? Next Tuesday? But, I'll be out of town. Yes, that's it. I will be out of town on a cruise. Yes, that's right, a cruise in the middle of the ocean. Yes, a cruise in the middle of the ocean, far, far away from the den-thinning intervention. Far, far away...

Someone will not find better value for each of these razors. Great sale as always Peter!

Peter is a class act, you will not be disappointed with any of these razor offerings.

Thanks fellas, warmly appreciated!

:lol::lol::lol: Oh, and Tom: Thanks, it is much easier to do the intervention if you are not in the house. We just need the key to your den, I know for a fact that you have some gorgeous razors there that we non-den-thinners can take over in a whiff!

....Now, please somebody take these nice Brits off my hands!

What razor would you consider comparable shave wise to that Gillette Popular?
It has the same head as the first gen open comb Aristocrat. Think of the #15 set. I have both razors and I'm trying to decide whether to get rid of one of them. I personally like the balance and shave of my Popular a little more than my #15, but I love the classic look of my OC Aristocrat. Both give me wonderful shaves.

Dear Bob, if I hadn't just acquired an exceptional 2nd gen #15 set I'd be all over this one.

As it is, I'm sorely tempted to get a second one.

Somebody please intervene, before I cause discord in my happy home! :001_302:

Seriously @Northstonehill, those are all great deals. Glwts!

It has the same head as the first gen open comb Aristocrat. Think of the #15 set. I have both razors and I'm trying to decide whether to get rid of one of them. I personally like the balance and shave of my Popular a little more than my #15, but I love the classic look of my OC Aristocrat. Both give me wonderful shaves.

Thanks.

First and last price cut to move the last 2 razors. If they don’t sell at these prices they go back into the drawer. Thanks.
  • #15 Aristocrat - now 135 USD
  • Eclipse Red Ring - now 200 USD
  • Note that I found a few small spots of plate wear between the teeth (see photo), hence the bigger price cut. Other than these mentioned faults in the plating this razor is in great shape.
This is as low as I feel I want to go with these 2 great shavers. Thanks for considering.

B725A06C-C782-49AD-A19A-BE1326A00611.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom